17' Rado Gray, Curb Rash, options for repair?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Nendez420, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

All,

What are the options to repair these rims?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• CR.jpg
      CR.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiSTpump

FiSTpump New Member

I know there are companies out there, I used one when living in Pittsburgh, that can repair the wheel.

Here is a link to a similar company

www.awrswheelrepair.com

4. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

Yea, I got ahold of them, they got a guy that can do it for around 95$+. My concern is if it would look new, matching the colors etc. Has anyone had these specific rims repaired b4?

5. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Upon delivery I noticed a "ding" in one of my Rado wheels. The dealer had it repaired at local wheel repair company, and now I can't even tell which one had the repair. It was a perfect match for paint color :)

6. Gpfarrell

Gpfarrell Member

A decent wheel guy will make it 98% of brand new.

moff3tt likes this.
  7. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

[​IMG]

I was tired last night and hit a curb because I wasn't paying attention. Like an 1/8th of my front driver side wheel is nice and scraped up good. It was dark and I got out and saw it immediately. Hopefully, I can get it fixed fairly cheaply.

8. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I did the same yesterday... Planning to purchase Sparcos in the future so I will be painting the stock wheels black because #donotcare

9. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Paint or Plasti-dip? Been thinking of doing mine as well.

10. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Rattle can paint... You can find mint OEM wheels for a few hundred, so if I go to sell I can always buy a replacement set.

11. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

There is a guy up in Topeka from awrswheelrepair.com that is going to "fix" it on Thursday for 95$. I will let you all know how well he does and hopefully have a before and after picture I can provide. I know the gray rado wheels on fords official website are like 500$ minimum. So, guess i'm paying 95$ for a lesson learned.

He says he will match the OEM paint and gloss it over and blend it in so it looks new... *fingers-crossed*

12. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Damn I got one on my left back rim 2 weeks after I got my car.. Would be great if can be repaired

13. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

That's exactly what I did luv, but it was only a week. I hope after I drop 95$ I don't do it again.

14. quiznos

quiznos Member

This, along with the PA potholes is exactly why I opted for rim/hazard protection

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

15. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I scratched up my front and rear passenger side wheels from a hitting the same curb on my way to work! I swear this curb sticks out extra far or something. I didn't really care at first because I was planning on getting new wheels (to swap out every spring/summer) eventually. But now every time I look at them, it makes me kind of sad lol. Anyone know of any good/cheap repair places in Northeast Ohio?

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  16. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Famous Michigan potholes was the same reason I went for it too.

17. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Here's my damage (both on passenger side)

Attached Files:

18. quiznos

quiznos Member

Talked to my guys here at work. We used to have shops do repair on our fleet. Looking at the pics it's actually done pretty well. Very hard to tell

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

19. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I found a kit on amazon I am going to try, if it doesn't work, than rattle can it is...

20. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

After seeing some of your pictures mine doesn't look that bad... haha. Man I would have (actually) cried if I messed up my wheel like you guys.

21. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

Well here it is the before and after pictures.

Attached Files:

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.