17x7.5 Sport Tuning T9 & 215/40-17 Potenza RE-11s...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by pelotonracer2, Jan 2, 2014.

1. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

42 offset
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. pelotonracer2

The RE-11s are impossible to find in the 215/40-17 size I wanted. I doubt anyone has put 8000 miles on their FiST yet.. hehehe :panda:
  4. wash

wash Active Member

You would be wrong.

My stock tires seem to be doing well despite the way I drive.

After about 25 autocross laps and 6,700 miles, I rotated the tires front to rear.

Now I've got about 8,700 on them. I bet they can go at least 15,000 before the tread gets too shallow and probably at least 20,000 before they get bald enough that I would change them.

I want to get some race wheels with sticky tires before the stock tires are worn out but the tires I'm looking at are 200 tread wear rating and I think the stock tires are 140, my race tires might last 30,000.
  5. pelotonracer2

Oh shnikeys, I stand corrected with the mileage. lol. But you are the exception and not the rule. :jawdrop: I think MLKN was talking about the projected mileage of the Direzza D2s when used on the street, not the stock tires. I spin the tires so bad in 1st and 2nd gear now I can't imagine the stock tires being able to last very long. When shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and really not even power shifting, but shifting hard and fast, my car tends to spin half way through second gear.
  6. wash

wash Active Member

Dz2s are 200 tread wear, they should wear better than stock.

I'm chirping the tires all the time, using the brakes, cornering hard, three-wheeling, etc. Wearing out my tires faster would take intentional effort.
    pelotonracer2 likes this.
  7. pelotonracer2

You would hope, but sometimes isn't the case. :p
  8. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I was asking about the black overlays with the red ST logo.
  9. pelotonracer2

A Signs Now in Dallas is making them for me.
  10. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

Yes, Rota have a bunch of options in 17" with 4x108 and a 40-42mm offset.

I think these would be fun:

Or these:

11. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Loving the GT-3s! Who would be a reputable Rota dealer?

12. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

13. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

Not sure, actually. My last set (Subzeros) we're bought second hand.
  14. limbo

limbo Active Member

Tread wear ratings are misleading, stock tires are going to last much longer than z2s.
    pelotonracer2 likes this.
  15. pelotonracer2

Stupid UPS drops the ball once again. They delivered TWO Dunlop Direzza D2 tires to me today. The other two are either on that same truck (but it was supposedly so full, they couldn't see them) or they were put on a different truck but were never delivered today. Needless to say, I wasted the whole day waiting for them and will have to do the same thing tomorrow. Ugggh. I am NOT down with the :poop:. They suck... :rage:
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  16. pelotonracer2

Looks old school "Blitz" style. I had a similar wheel on my MR2 Turbo. Back then, 16s were the shiznit. lol
    kamakazee and Cligedy like this.
  17. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

My MR-2 Turbo had 14's stock, and so did my Miata. I put a set of Rota Circuit 8 wheels on the Miata, they were decent wheels.

Heck, looking back, I think my Datsun had 13's. It came with aftermarket Panasports. Those were the only "performance" part of the car. ;)
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  18. pelotonracer2

Yep, my MR2 came with 14's. 16s were like huge in 1992
  19. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

20. pelotonracer2

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  21. pelotonracer2

Just a teaser, I'll take better pictures tomorrow. :)