17x7.5 Sport Tuning T9 & 215/40-17 Potenza RE-11s...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by pelotonracer2, Jan 2, 2014.

1. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Needs about a half inch drop in the rear and 1 inch in the front. The offset and wider tire really pulls the car together a lot better than the stock 7" wide wheels with 205s. I think the Direzza D2s run a bit wide. I was comparing a 225 tire at Discount Tire side by side with mine and I couldn't tell a difference at all. One thing is for sure, the Direzzas are DEFINATELY a lot louder. They sure do track better and steering feedback is MUCH improved.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

They look great! You must be so pleased with how they turned out.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  4. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Not a big fan of the silver trim but it compliments the color of your car. They look great Pelo. We ALL need at least 1in drop on this car LOL. I hate fender gaps with a passion!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

5. pelotonracer2

6. pelotonracer2

7. pelotonracer2

Now for a drop please... :wtf:

8. pelotonracer2

Thanks. Yeah, the machined lip doesn't seem to be very popular, but I actually love it. It's unusual and different. Looks really good driving down the street (I looked into a glossy black truck while I was cruising down the highway) lol:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I'm just glad that the wheel is lighter and wider than stock and the Direzza D2s really tighten up the steering response and "feel" while almost completing eliminating the "darty" feel at high speeds. It definitely needs a 1" drop in front and maybe .5" rear and I think it will look a lot cleaner. At least it doesn't quite have the SUV look my Speed 3 had once I went with 18x8 40+ offset wheels. Tires are VERY noisy but considering the tread design (or lack thereof) and extra width, it is to be expected.

9. pelotonracer2

I think my next mod is the black lip on the front... some way to lower the car slightly (either the BC coil-overs or FRPP springs), intake and exhaust system and a Levels intercooler and that's about as far as I am going to go with this particular car, at least until after my lease ends. I will ether keep this one or get a new one in 37 months. Whatever mod I decide on next, it will be ordered by this Friday. hehe :mischievous:

10. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

I don't know if I can go to a permanent lowering solution, the snow and ice is pretty bad this year and it's serving as fair warning for the years to come. I can tell you, the car does not care too much for -24 degree weather, but it gets get along as well as any other out there in the snow.

I'm probably going to stick it out with the stock wheels but a few tasteful mods will probably find their way onto the car.

An intake and exhaust would be nice, so I can turn off the sound symposer. It's just a little too artificial for my liking.

I could be tempted by the Mountune upgrades... A little extra hp would be fun... But that will probably lead to fatter tires... And new rims...

11. pelotonracer2

Looks like a 3" Scorpion exhaust system is my next mod... the importer just emailed me and said it has landed stateside. LOL

12. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

I had a 3" exhaust on my Supra, I feel like that would be too big for our little cars.

13. MosesCDN

MosesCDN Member

Looked them up, they are dual pipe, that's not too bad. My Supra's exhaust was a single pipe out the back.

14. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I wont be goin bigger than 2.5". Unless a FoST engine is goin in my FiST.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Smokin likes this.
  15. pelotonracer2

A proper 3" cat-back exhaust system is not going to be an issue. Flow bench 101: A single tip outlet will always outflow a dual tip outlet (there will be a bit of back pressure). However, I may notice a healthy increase of low end and mid range due to decreased spool up time (i.e. lag). I would be tickled pink if I could even get close to the 11hp (peak) at the wheels that these guys claim. There are plenty of people running these systems in the UK and it seems to be a quality part based on pics and feedback. I will be performing before and after dyno runs to verify performance.

16. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

You can really appreciate the camber difference between the front and back wheels with your rear photo.

17. pelotonracer2

Scorpion has a 2.5" system. :happy:

18. wash

wash Active Member

Turbocharged cars are sensitive to back pressure, its pretty much impossible to go too large from the down pipe back.

A very popular exhaust for mild V8 powered muscle cars is 2.25" true duals which are good for up to maybe 400 HP in engines that are much much less sensitive to back pressure.

The Fiesta only has one pipe and ford made it a little over 2 inches which in my opinion is pretty marginal.

2.5" is a bit better and probably perfect for a car that is mostly stock.

A good 3" system should be enough for engines making 300 HP+ which means you won't have to replace anything except the downpipe if you do a turbo swap.

The tunnel under the floor pan is big enough so I don't think 3" is anywhere near too big for an ST.

19. pelotonracer2

I agree. I read a lot of feedback about this system before ordering it. It's ALL been very positive.

20. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Your ST looks great! Welcome to the polish lip fan club!
    ST.jpg

Firesail and pelotonracer2 like this.
  21. pelotonracer2

Thanks buddy... but only the end of the lip of my wheels are machined, not the whole rim/lip like yours. hehehe. :wacky: Are those 16s? What tire are you using?