17x8 wheels?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by EBinVA, Oct 31, 2013.

1. EBinVA

EBinVA Member

I just took delivery of my Fiesta ST yesterday and it's an absolute blast to drive, I can't wait to get onto the autox course and track with it. That said, I really think the car would be much happier with a wider tire. It's going to be a daily driver/weekend track warrior for me year round so I'm looking to change that quickly! The wider the better of course, but I don't think I can fit a 245 tire/8.5" wheel on the car without a bit of rubbing so we're shooting for a more modest 17x8 wheel with 225 width tire setup.

Are there any reasonably priced options out there for 17x8 wheels that'll fit the ST and let me run a 225 width tire without rubbing? So far I haven't really been able to find anything other than the Fifteen52 Tarmacs. I absolutely love that wheel but their limited production runs make it tough to scoop up a set of them.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

It's tough going so far finding wheels for Ford's BS bolt pattern. I'm on the hunt for a 16x8 but I haven't found anything yet.

There is a group buy on one of the other FiST forums for 17x7.5 Team Dynamics wheels,~18lbs ea, if that helps.

4. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

You should really look at Team Dybamics Pro Race series. Fantastic wheels. They are fairly lightweight, and built for racing! Chalon Mumphries(i don't know his username on here) can hook you up with quite a few different wheels from Team Dynamics.

5. eRic

eRic Active Member

keep in mind an 8" wide wheel puts you in Street Touring [STX] in case you were planning on autocrossing in Stock|Street.

6. EBinVA

EBinVA Member

Yep! Autox is more just fun for me, I'm not super concerned about what class I'll be in. The car will be setup much more for track days and then just run in whatever class it falls into for autox.

7. limbo

limbo Active Member

If all you want for tire width is 225, you don't need an 8" wheel. Of course it would be to your benefit but not hugely different from 225 on 7".

8. focusedintntions

focusedintntions New Member

for a 225 tire a 7.5 rim would be fine and probably easier to find.

9. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

Any questions about Team Dynamics wheels, please let me know.

-Chalon

10. mark@fifteen52

mark@fifteen52 New Member

We have a special going on right now for Buy 3, Get 1 Free. They are in stock and ready to ship!