2015 Fiesta ST Rumours?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by hyatt, Apr 6, 2014.

1. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

"Load issues"??? I think that the little 1.0 L. motor is more powerful than the standard 1.6 L., isn't it?

Regenerative braking is mainly a technique used to increase fuel efficiency, which is what makes it puzzling to hear that it would be put into the ST.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

I don't understand why you care so much?

The concept isn't new and it has been used effectively before.

Ford can probably design a system that is essentially transparent and might even save weight.

Wait and see before you condemn it.

4. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

If it's being developed to roll out for the Fiesta in general it would possibly be more costly to keep the non-regenerative braking system in production solely for the relatively low production ST.

5. smatty

smatty Member

Don't car companies have to meet MPG standards or something by certain points in the next few years? Adding a couple mpgs to the entire fleet with some tech brakes probably helps out making that an easier possibility without a bunch of engineering expense.

6. Looked at my ettis sheet and it states my 2014 was built with regenerative braking, interested in finding out what's up with that

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

7. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Maybe the 14s were. I had never seen this sheet before though and hadn't seen regenerative braking on any other literature that I'd read.

8. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Looking at the 2015 guide, the only change to the 2015 ST is the addition of front 6-way power adjustable seats. Oh, you can get leMans stripes over the top.

Smokin likes this.
  9. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

I'm seeing 6-way manual adjust seats (though it does say the passenger seat is 6-way as well). Where did you read power?

The only changes I've seen is a mention that the MFT system includes RCA jacks, but that could be a typo.

The Non-ST gets a black painted wheel option in the SE appearance package and Storm Gray is replaced with "Magnetic". That means the grey color has changed four times in the past 5 model years:

2011: Monterey Grey
    2012: Violet Grey
    2013: Violet Grey
    2014: Storm Grey
    2015: Magnetic

There may be other undocumented changes (2012 brought us the coolant temp. gauge and steering wheel audio controls as well) but we'll need to wait until we see the cars on the lot for this.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. DirtyBlueshirt

11. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

It's odd that they wouldn't at least add the backup camera since they're going to be mandatory in a few years and it's already available on the regular Fiesta.

12. DirtyBlueshirt

Don't necessarily read these documents as gospel; it still has plenty of inaccuracies (it lists Performance Blue as "New for 2015"). However just like the changes between 2011 & 2012, don't expect much. They usually won't change anything that requires a change in the 'build process' on the line (e.g. adding a step to lay out the wiring for the camera). They may swap out parts for revised items, but process-wise there shouldn't be any changes expected.

There's still plenty of time, and chances are that the Mk 8 Fiesta will include it well before 2018.

13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It is to charge the capacitors for the instant start.

Dave

14. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

So what are you going to get?

15. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Wonder if the dealer can install these if you already have your ST.

16. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

Yeah it just seems odd since the backup camera is already offered on the Fiesta Titanium. You wouldn't think that it would be much work to also offer it on the Fiesta ST.

The 2012 Fiesta did add the drivers seat armrest and the premium interior packages that weren't on the 2011.

17. DirtyBlueshirt

True, but neither of these items added an extra step on the assembly line, just a different part.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Baked Potato technology.

18. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

Sorry I'm not following. Do they build the ST on a different line from the regular Fiesta? Because if the Fiesta Titanium already has a back up camera wouldn't it just be the extra part (the camera) and then activating the software on the My Ford Touch?

19. DirtyBlueshirt

I could be wrong, but I believe the ST is on a separate line, though at the same plant.

20. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

Thanks. If that's the case then it would make sense.

21. quiznos

quiznos Member

They'll likely only be mandatory for certain size vehicles. Any manufacturer that makes sports models will make sure they're somehow exempt. Added weight. I certainly don't want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk