2015 Fiesta ST Rumours?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by hyatt, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jariten

jariten Member

Power steering, power brakes, and ABS are not mandatory in the US. They became ubiquitous when they were cheap enough that not having them would make you non competitive in the market. The same thing would have happened with backup cameras without an unnecessary mandate. Also the mandate is only for vehicles <10000 lbs so the most dangerous and difficult to back vehicles will still not have them mandated.

A Smart Fortwo doesn't need a backup camera...
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids. You can be standing right beside your kid and for some unknown reason they'll just start running. They're illogical that way.
  4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I live in an Old Farts Community, so if Old Farts dart behind my car, they deserve to get hit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I can see the need for them and I don't have anything absolutely against them as long as people don't become dependent on them or any other technology in order to drive correctly. I just wish the sensors and camera were better integrated into the exterior before I ever got one.
  6. quiznos

quiznos Member

I was that kid :-D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Neely2005 likes this.
  7. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

If you hate driving technology so much, why did you buy a Fiesta ST?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Baked Potato technology.
  8. quiznos

quiznos Member

Because of it's mechanical prowess. Not electrical. If you're interested in safety why didn't you guys get a volvo?

9. DirtyBlueshirt

There's plenty of cars that are cheaper with similar handling and power options without the tech. You could have spent your cash on an 80's Mazda RX, VW Golf, etc. etc.

Your second argument does not make sense.

Sent from my iPad Air using sephamore.
  10. quiznos

quiznos Member

Because from a business perspective ford, Chevy, and Chrysler I get the best pricing on a new vehicle and have hundreds of years of combined experience with these manufacturers within 15 ft of me. The ford fiesta is used in the WRC. That's why I got this car. If I really must justify my purchasing habits.

11. quiznos

quiznos Member

The second point being why did you get a FiST was it a speed and handling vs. Cost? Or were you getting it as a family vehicle?

12. DirtyBlueshirt

I don't even know why you're arguing in this thread anyways. You hate technology. B. F. D. Thanks, move along.

Sent from my iPad Air using sephamore.
  13. quiznos

quiznos Member

I don't hate technology. Just when people cry about "safety" and try to change the way I live my life and can't present stats to prove their point.

14. DirtyBlueshirt

Then remove it from your car. Problem Solved.

NOW, back to the ACTUAL topic of this thread... The 2015 Fiesta ST specs and rumors.
  15. quiznos

quiznos Member

It's not on my car. If it was I'd leave it. If it broke I don't see the value in getting it fixed. The government requires me to spend my money on enough pointless shit.

But yes, back to tpoic. What would you like to see other than a back up camera option? (Btw I agree it should be an option)

I'd like to see a boost gauge. And have a wee bit more wheel clearance.

16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Wow, a lot of internet bits died in vain for this thread.....
    Firesail and RodMoe like this.
  17. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

18. smatty

smatty Member

At least it's not that back up sirens are becoming mandatory.
    LuvfiestaST and Neely2005 like this.
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Those are next.

20. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  21. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

I was thinking pop up flag when you put it in reverse.