2016 Fiesta ST Colors Leaked

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by CarefreeAZ, Mar 25, 2015.

1. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Looks like the following colors will adorn the 2016 ST:
    Shadow Black G1
    Kona Blue L6
    Magnetic J7
    White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat UG
    Molten Orange Metallic Tri-Coat UY
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Whooo hoooo! Magnetic! That settles it AZ! Thanks Sir! When is the changeover? I need to set a countdown date!
  4. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

05/21/2015 for scheduling start
    07/06/2015 for production
  5. captainmorbid

Awesome! Thank you.
  6. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I'm glad molten orange is still in the lineup. Should hopefully be ordering mine by or before the end of August. That magnetic is a great color and I'm surprised it's only now being introduced on the ST. But I have always wanted an orange car. If I ever end up getting a truck I will try to get it in a dark grey though.
  7. hollywood

hollywood Member

Ford sure does love their crappy dark blue colors. Meanwhile, the base Fiesta gets this:

8. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

AGREED, Hollywood. Ford has some great blues and maybe should be offering more than just one a year. Even so, I'd like to see more ST-only colors. I don't know what happened with the black cherry-like color they offered on the Mustang for a short while a few years ago but that would be a color I'd like to see in the ST lineup.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  9. Cesso

Cesso Member

Damn I totally would have gotten a White Platinum ST if it was available. I'm sure it will look great in Magnetic as well. For me personally, I dislike Blue Candy - it's too bright for me, where Kona Blue I find beautiful and stunning.
  10. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

I would have gotten white platinum too instead of oxford white.
  11. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Please excuse my ignorance, but what the hell kind of color is "Magnetic"???
  12. Cesso

Cesso Member

The ultimate metallic gray:
    Mr UFO and LuvfiestaST like this.
  13. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Kona Blue making a comeback is nice. Always liked Kona, but prefer Performance Blue more since it is much closer to Sonic Blue. Magnetic can look really good paired with the right wheels. My brother was trying to buy his 1.0L in that color, but couldn't find one.
  14. captainmorbid

Magnetic will look pretty good with my black TD PR3s... :)

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  15. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Thanks, that helped.
    That color reminds me of one of those science displays where they have iron powder mixed into some clear oil and stir it up and play with a magnet...
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  16. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I'm very glad that I have my Race Red. Molten Orange is okay, but the absence of red from the lineup is disappointing. That said, I greatly prefer the Kona Blue over PB.
  17. hollywood

hollywood Member

KB and PB are essentially the same color. Super dark blue. Blue Candy or Grabber Blue would be more appropriate. Next thing you know, we'll have "old man burgundy metallic" on the ST.
  18. Kap

Kap Member

^I've only seen it in pics, but the Kona Blue looks much darker than the Performance Blue. It looks fantastic when the sun hits it just right, but otherwise, it's a bit too dark for my taste. I'm not really a fan of the Grabber Blue, but I do like the Blue Candy. (It looks great in person, although most pics don't seem to do it justice.)

jimclark likes this.
  19. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

wish they would go with the candy blue or something lighter.
  20. Cesso

Cesso Member

Kona Blue and Performance Blue don't look alike at all. PB is much more of an indigo, ultra saturated purplish blue color. Kona has a darker base that glows with bright blue flake when the sun hits it, and it is a much "truer" blue color.
    jimclark likes this.
  21. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

I'm actually not a fan of the white platinum. It's like a metallic, champagne white. Plus, I think it's a premium colour (ie. $500 extra). See here for comparison (OW on the left, WP on the right):