215-45-17 winter tires

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Carlos V., Sep 28, 2014.

1. Carlos V.

Carlos V. New Member

Will there be enough clearance If I was to install a 215-45-17 winter tires with stock rims??
    They will be 15mm taller than the stock tire, having a hard time finding a winter tire that will fit on the stock rims.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

You're much better off getting a set of 16" rims and then your winter tire options open up ALOT. You might be able to fit those tires, but going wider with Winter tires is not generally a good idea. I got a set of clearance 16" wheels and set of Pirelli SnowSport 195/45R16's for under $900 with tax from TireRack.com

4. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I agree w/WScottCross. You could even go to 185/50R16's. Much better to go skinny in the snow.:)

Bavarian likes this.
  5. Carlos V.

Carlos V. New Member

Thanks guys, I guess I'll go with a 16" wheel.
    I wanted to keep the stock wheels as full time winter, and buy new wheels next spring.

6. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I am fond of my Dunlop WinterMaxx. I like the asymmetrical tread and have rally crossed them with success.
    I have 195/55x16 but recommend 185/55x16. They are just a bit too tall. The 215/45x17s would really disappoint you.

7. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

I'm gonna grab some 185x60x15 new blizzak ws80s. They were almost $30 cheaper than the Xi3s per corner at Costco with the promotion going on! Have you looked at any 15s? I found there was good variety in that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin likes this.