225/50/16's will they clear?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by EvoNiner, Apr 9, 2014.

1. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

Hey guys, i was looking do grab up some 16's, probably those sparco's since they seem to look SO good on a blue ST i've seen around this forum :). I was wondering if 225/50/16's would clear? I was going to toss a set of Hankook RS3's on them, but they only go to 225/50/16's. I know the clearance difference is around 5/8's of an inch taller then the stock 205/45/17's, but that added with the 3/4's of an inch wider tire i was wonding if you guys think it would rub. how close of a fit are the 225/45/16's? do you guys think there would be room to squeeze those in without rubbing on hard cornering?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

This might throw a wrench in your plans but the stock tire size is 205/40/17. 225/50/16 is way too big of a diameter change from stock.
  4. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

The 225/50R16 rivals rub. Can't say about the kooks, but I would expect problems. Not important how I know :(
  5. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

Call TireRack, since not all closeout tire sizes are available on the website. They have just two sets of 225/45-16 D-ZII's left in Louisiana. They're on closeout, so they can ship them to you loose, or you can buy a set of wheels that are not on closeout and they'll shift them to where the tires are and mount them up for you.

I just ordered four 225/45-16's mounted on MSW Type 25 matte grey. 18.45 lbs / wheel, which is a little heavier than the Sparco's, but again, my driving ability is really the limiting factor here. Plus all the extra weight I'm personally hauling around...