2J-Racing Downpipe (Full Race / Catted) 250wtq, $249

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I hope this will hold true once Joe pipes in but the Anti Fouler is really only needed to be used on Non catted DP from what i have found out it helps the rear O2 probe get a fairly good readying so it won't throw a CEL (check engine light) I Forget if it is because it think the "CAT" is not up to temp or ??
    So if you have the Sport Cat you should not have to worry..
    spangenb likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. golfhack

golfhack Member

Couldn't hold out anymore, ordered the race pipe. Hopefully I can get it put in soon after I get it. I have a lot a lot of father daughter time the next few weeks. Where is the best place to get the anti fouler? They are all the same apart from size?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  4. frismanis

frismanis Member

Order placed for full exhaust. :cool:
    spangenb likes this.
  5. frismanis

frismanis Member

Great news! I bought Accesstuner Race, and have been playing with it a bit, but was hoping that people would start sharing custom maps once upgrades went beyond a flash and intake/filter. ;)
  6. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Very tempted. Just not too thrilled on the welds pictured. No fish scales.

Might wait to see how these hold up.
  7. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

Those are MIG welds and look quite fine to me in what matters, how well they hold up in the harsh turbo heat environment, not how pretty they will look buried under the car.

What matters in welding is fusion, not how pretty it looks, you pay extra for that but sometimes in ways you might not realize. Focus to much on pretty and fusion can suffer thus have a weaker part, I have personally broken an expensive part that looked incredible but the welds were simply not done properly.
    I weld, taught myself, not the most beautiful but not bad either, good enough to have roll cages pass serious inspections and never had a failed weld on any part I have made after I got the hang of it and learned how to test my welds.
    Guy up the street from me is a highly certified welding instructor that travels a great deal teaching customers how to use their high end new Miller systems and though I was decent before, one lesson and my welding was hugely better. He stated flat out as soon as he sees a real pretty weld it automatically gets tested and many fail.
    I built a twin scroll, equal length manifold, 50 hours in designing and tack welding it together, took it to a local welder that makes prototype parts for the Air Force jets, he has won the top welding competitions in the US, had him TIG it up. First thing he asked was how long I had been making parts like that, it was my first one, said it did not need to be so perfect, he was quite impressed really. I paid a lot to have it welded up to the best of his abilities with function over form, it is not nearly as pretty as what he could of make it look like but it would never crack where he welded it!

When making parts that do not have to have to deal with huge heat swings, will be exposed to viewing, usually amuminum, I too love those really beautiful welds and willing to pay for them:)

8. golfhack

golfhack Member

Are these going to ship today?

9. frismanis

frismanis Member

10. golfhack

golfhack Member

Just received an update email

Hey! Fiesta Update... The down pipes are wrapping up in production. I will update you next week with shipping information. Thanks. Kate

11. frismanis

frismanis Member

Yeah, I got it too. Bummer.
  12. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

We are using a 1" anti fouler, nothing special and its worked perfectly. No CEL.

Also, an unintended consequence of the full race DP, I am now averaging 34mpg without even trying. Only on my 3rd tank so YMMV.
  13. golfhack

golfhack Member

Do we have an ETA when you are going to get the pro tuner so we don't have to get the anti fouler?

14. golfhack

golfhack Member

15. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

From what I see and hear I was very impressed.
    Until I read further.
    Was the pipe size reduction at the flange only so both parts can connect to the OE system?
    It has always been my belief that this would be the worst place to reduce the pipe size.
    So the complete 3 inch system is not.
    It has a 2.5 inch bottleneck in it.
    Would it be possible to get a system without this bottleneck?

16. joe@2j-racing

Dave, if you look at the OEM DP, it is barely over 1.25" at the tail by the rear 02. The 2JR DP runs at 3" for over 14", then we created a merge to 2.5", then opened back up to 3". Much like a merge collector on a header. We found this made more power than a straight 3". It combines high flow and velocity. This helps widen the TQ past the peak HP.
  17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I just thought the velocity would increase better with the reduction further back.

I may have misunderstood.
    Are you testing the Race DP with the cat sensor using a fouler?
    I am more interested in the catted DP and if there are any CEL issues at all or must you use a fouler there as well?

18. joe@2j-racing

We were on the phone with Braden @ Cobb and will run the catless without the antifouler but we'll turn off the CEL. We'll offer tunes with this option - catted and catless.
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I was hoping that the catted DP would work without issue.

20. joe@2j-racing

It does work without an issue - my apologies, I was referring the CEL from the catless
  21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

The Catted DP is a sweet deal for the money and sounds NO louder than the Stock monster I took out .. I did get one CEL after the install but it was a "dummy light" because the dummy forgot to plug in one of the O2 probes LOL silly old me... Car sounds great and pulls better all around.. Thanks Joe..
    spangenb, frismanis and joe@2j-racing like this.