2JR 3" Catback Exhaust & Catted Downpipe

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Jan 29, 2014.

1. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

We are about a week away from releasing our 3" catback system. It will be full mandrel bent, dual tip (15% larger than stock), front resonator with rear muffler. Both are straight through, polished.

Our goal will be to keep the cost significantly less than any system out there, while proving the same if not better quality.
    Also, in order to effectively make a 3" system, the front half must be tapered correctly to mate with the OEM downpipe.

Our biggest restriction is the OEM downpipe. It's incredible tight coming off the cat and a huge restriction. Our stage II system will include a full exhaust with a 200cell high flow cat.

Each part will be dyno'd on our dynojet.

brian, __V__, RodMoe and 1 other person like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Excellent news Joe. My goal is the full system so I will watch for news on that.

4. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Im watching and listening.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Joe you are making my budget committee happy :) as long as they don't sell my car parts for what i say they cost I'll be fine LOL

ronnie karlen likes this.
  6. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Ok so maybe Joe can answer this: light weight matters. A friend had a titanium exhaust on his C5 'Vette. Crazy light. Is it just not financially reasonable to make systems like that for cars like the FiST?

7. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

interesting. I still believe the true restrictions/limitations are in the turbo itself (after the turbo-back issues are resolved). you will get some improvement i think but a slightly bigger turbo is where the true improvements will come. This is the single most interesting mod i am wanting for someone to resolve.

8. joe@2j-racing

With this 2JR exhaust, including our downpipe, I expect to see over 250whp (intake and a tune). That poor little turbo has such a tiny downpipe to exhale through.

9. joe@2j-racing

10. frismanis

frismanis Member

I'm definitely interested in a stage II system. :cool:

11. stuntdoogie

If this is true im sold! Take my money please!

12. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

while you are at it... take one of these and fit it to your Fist..

the tiny borgWarner kp39 is used (vwtdi)...and is often replaced with the unit below or the vnt-17. I suspect either one of these would provide a more tuning potential without going crazy with a large turbo.

here's a garret vnt-17 with a compressor from a vnt-20 supposedly produces quicker spool than a straight vnt-17

post this before from a vw forum:

[​IMG]

13. MadMoose

MadMoose New Member

That seems overly optimistic given what we've seen with the bigger focus engine and turbo. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong though :D the Fiesta would be pretty darn quick with that much power.

14. joe@2j-racing

It just depends on how long and high our stock turbo can spin with a free flowing exhaust and downpipe. It is optimistic, but our cars already put down 250wtq. With proper cam phasing and boost control its possible.

Here is a motor we tuned with .9 more liters, and only 10psi using cam phasing and opening up the exhaust. Its not apples to apples but it gives you an idea whats possible with a proper tune and supporting parts.

2jrtune.jpg

15. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

16. joe@2j-racing

We are just about done with the sets, should have them finished on Weds.

COST WILL BE $599 for a 3", but we will be offering up the first batch for $529, 3" Pics to come shortly.

Includes front resonator, mandrel piping, rear magnaflow with true dual tips, welded on.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    spangenb and RodMoe like this.
  17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

ETA on Stage 2 ?

18. stuntdoogie

No stainless?
    When can we expect to hear it?

19. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I'd get the stage 2 myself

20. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

I had a Ti exhaust system on my '04 Lingenfelter Z06. It was also around $1,500.00 :p Personally, I think it would be too cost prohibitive to make and sell for the Fiesta ST. :meh:

21. joe@2j-racing

We can make then in both stainless or aluminized. The latter is your best option for cost savings. Here are the pictures and its up on the site. We have 3 available now at this price.