2JR 3" Catback Exhaust & Catted Downpipe

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

As my good Pal Stuntdoogie has mentioned it is a one peice unit i had to cut off right before the axel.
    The black bracket was removed and I added washers to shim it out for now plan on taking a look at it in a few days to weeks if it isn't rubbibg and banging . If it does then I will look at other options including removal. But right now with a couple of washers to shim it out it gives about a 1/4 inch or so clearence and has not rattled or banged during driving..

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Little gadget called EXOMOUNT found here.

4. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

Here is a trick a old rally driver showed me to stiffen up a exhaust system, stops the flex mounts breaking too. 7.6mm cable ties by the way.
    Exhaust bracket..jpg

RodMoe likes this.
  5. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Hey Roddy I'm too anxious to wait but can you please place a camera outside on the street floor and record yourself taking off and drive bys. Or Maybe have your significant other, relative or friend record you got pleeeease

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Will work on it just not sure when as the weather is doing this and work gets the rest of the week..

7. stuntdoogie

Ah it was worth a try....damn snow, we getting ours Tuesday f..k!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Again! Already too much on the ground. We need a week of thaw.

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

If we get a chance tommorow I'll see my girl will go for a snowy ride though the sound may be off due to mother nature muffling the sound....

ronnie karlen and stuntdoogie like this.
  10. F1ST

F1ST Member

Thanks. Didn't know they made those. Thought about making my own for a few years with my 2011 but never did. For $29 it certainly isn't worth the DIY effort. Could you post some pics of the mount in a Fiesta?

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

As you requested mind you both vids were shot in the wonderland the is Wisconsin this winter :) well at least it was above 15 degF today :)
    Drive By

Here we go In Car. Go to about 1:45 for a quick blast 123 with lots of wheel spin but about all the noise I have yet to hear

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  13. stuntdoogie

Ugh....can barely hear the exhaust with all the crackling. I was able to hear the third pass a little better than the first two tho. Thanks for taking time from your very busy schedule to film this and your lady also.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

You are welcome perhaps once it thaws out we can try again . but that is about all the noise it makes not too overpowering and yet better sounding and feeleing than stock... won't call the popo at 2 am for ya ;)

ronnie karlen likes this.
  15. stuntdoogie

Damn the only thing holding me back is COBB...I really wanna see what they have instore for us first.

16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Can't blame ya ;)

17. Tom Brooks

Tom Brooks Member

OK... I'm sold! Out of all the exhausts this is probably my favorite. Love the deep sound. How much hp and torque would you say it added by seat of the pants?

18. stuntdoogie

Roddy I apologize, i listened with headphones this time and can now hear the exhaust much better than from my phone's speaker o_O
    Sounds really nice but still would like to hear wot once the snow clears :)

RodMoe likes this.
  19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

If you watch the vid you can bet I have not got a clue cuz of massive wheel spin in the snow and even in the dry on my little skinny snow tires ;) plus I have had the pipe on only a few days and have not gotten to drive it much as life has a way of horning in on my so called free time .. I love the sound and burble as you coast down in gear .The little I have driven it, it get loud as you get over 4k but not to the point of spliting your ears then when cruising it is as good as stock till you roll on the gas... I will try to get some better runs as the weather should be warm and dry off the roads I hope..

20. Tom Brooks

Tom Brooks Member

So would you say at interstate speeds it would be about the same, a little louder or much louder at 70-80mph?

21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I would say its the same though a lil deeper tone If you look at the vid I posted in post #53 this thread at the 49 second mark I am saying the speed "about 80 mph" and about the 1:00 minute mark I mention "6th gear 3K rpm" and the sounds it all road noise with a hint of exhaust as I am off the sound symposer by then it I was on it at all.