2JR 3" Catback Exhaust & Catted Downpipe

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RR3

RR3 New Member

I installed the stainless turbo-back system. Maybe the higher density material creates a different harmonic? All I know is inside the car the drone is immense, and does indeed vibrate ones teeth.

Full setup: Injen intake, Cobb V3, Cobb rear motor mount, 2JR 3" turbo-back exhaust,
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

It seems that it is indeed the ss thats causing the drone cause all those who have aluminized say otherwise. I dont even know if a resonator will eliminate it without quieting the sound alltogether and that I dont want to do. I like the way my exhaust sounds as is without the drone ofcorse.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have the complete Stainless Steel system.
    I don't have droning issues, or maybe I do but just can't hear it.
    Remember, I am an Old Fart.
    My wife has ridden in the car and has not complained so maybe it is not there.

Bronzit and envyist like this.
  5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Did you swap it out for something else?
  6. stuntdoogie

Yes I installed Magnaflows 2.25" cbe.

7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

How do you like it?
  8. stuntdoogie

Absolutely Love it! Its quiet till you step on it. Not a cop magnet. No drone whats so ever. The built quality is superb and love the 3.5" tips. Im a happy camper.

Sorry for the off topic posting. Anymore questions ask on the Magnaflow 15311 thread.

Teezlr likes this.
  9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I have the non-SS 2J cat back and it drones......good with no load but on a road trip going up hills is noisy.
    Izzy likes this.
  10. stuntdoogie

Wow you also? Seems like its hit or miss with this exhaust. Mine was umbearbale that it had to be taken off. And from what I was told by another forum member who bought the Vibrant res, it didnt fix the drone.
    A waste of my hard earned money :(
  11. David W

David W Member

I'm looking to just get a downpipe and keep the stock catback exhaust. Anyone know what kind of downpipes are the least loudest? Any videos maybe of just downpipes with stock exhuast? Thanks