3" Scorpion-Exhaust system has arrived...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by pelotonracer2, Jan 16, 2014.

1. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Where's the video!? I wanna see how it sounds

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes and I wanna hear how it looks o_O lol

4. frismanis

frismanis Member

LOL!:biglaugh:

5. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

hahahaha.... I can't take it!!!! :rotfl:

6. pelotonracer2

I PROMISE a video/sound clip TODAY folks.... :wacky:

7. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Oh you guys know what I mean!

RodMoe likes this.
  8. pelotonracer2

9. pelotonracer2

Low and deep with some popping and bubbly mix thrown in. lol NO raspiness and no in cabin drone on the highway. However, it is hard to tell from this video, it is indeed about 12-13 decibels louder than stock (outside with a gauge @15 feet). I will try to do a drive away, drive by and in cabin video this evening. I need someone to hold the camera for that. :hilarious: Inside the car, it gives you a VERY nice intoxicating exotic "sound". Visceral sound pleasure...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  10. frismanis

frismanis Member

Sounds great!

11. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Sounds great! Any chance of doing a a take off video with acceleration?
    What exhaust to get...Decisions decisions...

12. pelotonracer2

See above statement mrtn. :)

13. ryst

ryst Active Member

Ok, the exhaust sounds great... but I see this all over the place in the forums, why don't people like raspy exhaust? I came from BMWs and the rasp sounds amazing... is it just 4 cyl engines that sound bad with raspy exhaust?

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Thanks! Didn't see that... Guess I was too busy typing a reply to fast.

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

My Guess is "because Honda fart cans"

Desmond likes this.
  16. pelotonracer2

The Scorpion exhaust get's angry at 5000 rpm and up. At redline it is an absolutely delicious chorus. The word "frantic anger" comes to mind. While tinny raspiness might be ok say... at WOT, most of the exhaust systems I have heard for our FiST resemble a UPS truck at low rpm. And as rodmoe so eloquently eluded too, no one really wants coffee can, grapefruit shooter, "Honda fart can" sounds coming out of their FiST. Want that Honda sound? Buy a Honda. LOL :meh:

17. pelotonracer2

I don't think I revved the engine any higher than 5,000-5,500 rpm in that video... you should hear it under load. :whistling:

And at idle it has this very sporty, menacing "rumble" you can actually hear with the windows down. Doesn't sound like a buzz-saw or a UPS truck. hehe

18. pelotonracer2

This system does an excellent job of reducing and/or eliminating high frequency notes. It is hard to believe that it is a 3" exhaust system from downpipe to tips with a straight through muffler and dual 3.5" tips that go from ONE pipe at the inlet half way into the muffler and branch into two outlets INSIDE the muffler, not at the exit side of the muffler or at the tips. From an engineering perspective this system can flow a TON of air. Based on flow bench experience, a single 3" outlet would flow more cfm than TWO 2.5" outlets. This system has TWO 3" outlets which converge from one into two inside the muffler. Very effective & VERY efficient. :) It is very well designed.

19. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Now you're starting to sound like a salesman :p

reddog99 and pelotonracer2 like this.
  20. pelotonracer2

LOL.

21. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Did you order this through the UK site or does a dealer in the US supply them?