400whp sti to fist

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by ted lorendo, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

So last october I sold my baby, 04 sti with about everthing done to it. Full suspension mods, wheels, brakes, rotated 30r turbo with fueling to go with, tuned it right so NO I did not blow my motor...ever. anyways I sold it due to my wife and I having our first actual baby. (I didnt need to). So 3 weeks ago I picked up my PB fist and love it as much as my sti. Its actually more "fun" in the corners. I love how my 200 crank hp fist keeps up with sti and other cars in the turns. I have road racing experience but either way, I think this car rips. Add some power and other suspesion goodies and this will be a feared competetor. All the reviews are positive. No regrets on purchase at all.

How is everyone liking their fist in the corners?
    BlackBird and Desmond like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Congrats on the purchase!

I have a twisty little on-ramp in my city that I like to disable ESC for and fly up late at night. It feels so great, pulling through the S bend.
    ted lorendo likes this.
  4. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

YeahI love the feel when you transfer the weight from left to right. For a stock car running about 20 to 25 thousand dollars its pretty good. The suspension is well tuned. A buddy of mine works for Ford in Turkey and his friend develop the suspension for it. Its a great car.
    TapTapPull likes this.
  5. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Welcome to the site and the joy of driving a Ford hot hatch, Ford really has built some of the finest handling and most fun to drive hatches over the last 15 years or so.

ted lorendo likes this.
  6. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

I'm a believer
  7. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Rare when you buy a new, hyped car and it actually is every bit as good as it was made out to be... Congrats!
    ted lorendo likes this.
  8. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Thanks! Looking forward to track time at race legal here in San Diego. I'm also prepping it for auto. Gonna be a good time
    djdennehy likes this.
  9. Roger

Roger New Member

Welcome! I know how you feel. I came from a 400+whp mustang and a 300+ whp WRX before that. The FiST holds it's own and is just, if not more fun to drive. I, to this day, still get that funny look from people when I tell them I sold the Mustang GT for the FiST. They just don't understand...
    SpaceFish, ted lorendo and djdennehy like this.
  10. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Yeah I get those looks too. Everyone at work looks at me and laughs. A co worker of mine bought a 2013 sti because of the sti I had. I saw him the other day and he laughed at me. I stood up for the fist community when I told him to meet me at an autox event. I know for a fact i will Put up a fight. by all means im not knocking other vehicles but please take a picture of your face while I pass you in the corners. He kinda piped back down and changed the subject... lol. I miss my sti but my fist puts me back in my seat with a huge grin on my face.
    Steve@Tasca likes this.
  11. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

I've had an '05 and an '09 STI (not to mention a WRX and 2.5RS prior to that). With the STI's I had to be going ludicrous speed to enjoy them otherwise they were almost so good that they were boring to drive compared to the FiST.
    Steve@Tasca and ted lorendo like this.
  12. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Another subi crossover haha! I knew I wasnt alone. Inenjoy this car at low speeds, high speeds, screw it. any speed really. Just gotta let it breath better so i know what rpm im at...
    Steve@Tasca likes this.
  13. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

Have you had the baby in the ST yet?
    I'm looking at selling my daily driven corvette to pick up a fun daily driver and the fiesta is on top of my list. We have an SUV so the ST would only serve local duties like daycare pickup and what not.
  14. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

My daily for the last 14 years has been a Focus 3 door hatch of one sort or another with my SVT being my daily the last ten years, I've raised three kids during this time and for a while had one rear facing seat and one front facing in my car and made it through just fine.

Also keep in mind that I'm 6'6" so my seat needs to be all the way back.

Granted my car is a little wider than a Fiesta but I'd think it would do just fine as a baby hauler.

15. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Congrats on the purchase! I've always been a friend to people in the Subaru community and I already see the FiST winning respect from WRX and STi owners. I myself would love to have a facelift GD someday when the used prices drop to reasonable levels. :D

The great thing is that since COBB has stuff for us, it's an ecosystem you're probably already familiar with.
    ted lorendo likes this.
  16. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Yes...yes I am. Mod bug has been seen running around my house...