A swim noodle works to fill the trunk gap....

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Bluto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Bluto

Bluto Member

when the floor is in the lower position. I bought a hollow noodle 3.5" in diameter, trimmed it to 35.25" long and cut a notch to accommodate the seat hinge bracket. A bread knife worked great to cut it cleanly and the noodle is NOT nearly as luminous as it appears in the photo. Earlier I posted on another thread that pipe insulation works to fill the gap between the seat and the floor, the second photo shows this...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Removed

Removed Guest

That certainly works, but I'm hoping for something more permanent, maybe the floor out of a pre facelift Fiesta.
  4. Bluto

Bluto Member

This setup would work fine as a permanent solution in practice, if you found a floor that fit right in one position it wouldn't in the other and personally I want the option of using either...I wish Ford had got it right in the first place like most of the car...if the swim noodle were black that would definitely help aesthetically ;-)
  5. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

looks like this is another great option, and cheap! I would bet black roll bar padding would also be a good option. I doubt you could find swim noodles in black or dark grey.
  6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Or just wrap it in duck tape ;) now we are talking racer stuff !! LOL :biglaugh:
    Mikeygti likes this.
  7. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I bought a super-size orange pool noodle and it fits perfectly.

Would be nice to get one in black, but oh well.
  8. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

This is actually a proper idea. :)
  9. Bluto

Bluto Member

I spray painted mine black and much to my surprise the paint stuck and is not affected by flexing, used Rustolem FWIW, looks MUCH better...

Firesail likes this.
  10. Removed

Removed Guest

I ended up doing this to my car, I got sick of having things slide under the seats. I also picked up a roll of non-slip material (usually used in drawers etc.) to keep stuff from sliding around and help protect the paint:

11. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Roll cage padding comes in black and would do the same job. Perhaps a bit more expensive than a swim noodle however.
  12. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I'd be very careful using the drawer liner stuff. If it sits long enough it will meld into the paint and will leave permanent markings.
  13. Removed

Removed Guest

Did you find this from experience?
  14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yes. But I will say I'm not 100% sure what it will do to the paint on metal. I've seen it affect wood stain on furniture, floor tiles and leather seats... I just don't trust the stuff especially in places where temperatures change so much.
  15. eRic

eRic Active Member

I just shoved a towel in mine to fill the gap. you can see it here
    under the net with an umbrella and a snow brush on top.
  16. TWDM

TWDM Member

The ford cargo mat nicely covers up the gap. I'll post pics when I get back from my trip next week.