Adding a second speedometer

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by Ben, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Ben

Ben Member

Next week, I will finally pick up my new ST! I am getting a US spec fiesta, and I will be driving in Europe. I'm aware that there is a small KPH reading on the speedometer, but I would rather install an auxiliary KPH gauge to make life easier. I'm not looking to spend more that $150. Does anyone have experience doing this?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

When my buddy's speedo broke on his winter beater, he used a GPS navi. to check speed. Parents drove to the states a while back and I just set up an app on their phone for speed as well. Another option is something like scanguage that plugs into the obd port and displays all sorts of stats.
  4. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I'd vote for the Ultragage. The numbers can be bigger & easier to see (plugs into the OBD port).
    captainmorbid likes this.
  5. Ben

Ben Member

I forgot the OBD port was even an option, the newest car I owned, prior to the ST, was my '97 Daihatsu Terios. On that note, where is the OBD port on the Fiesta ST?
  6. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

In the pedal box above the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

GPS speedo app for the phone is by far the simplest solution.
  8. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Does that not require a smart phone and a cell phone signal?
  9. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

Only if you enable "high accuracy" mode, that would use the GPS chip along side a data connection to locate you. If you set it to "device only" it will rely on GPS and GPS alone. Note the "battery saving" mode uses wifi to aid in locating.
  10. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

The GPS signal is completely independent from the cell phone signal. .. I've been completely out of range for phone/data, out in the boonies, and still have GPS function.
    Cligedy likes this.