Aftermarket Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by Tuningvelocity, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hi

Has anyone installed an aftermarket steering wheel in the ST? If so, what steering wheel hub adapter did use. Please let me know

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

There should be an R2 part for that.
    Tuningvelocity likes this.
  4. Any other options outside of msport?
  5. wash

wash Active Member

I doubt that msport makes the steering wheel adapter, the R2 is mostly just a list of proven modifications that I can copy or buy if copying is too much work.

If the manual doesn't tell you who makes it, see who makes the steering wheel and ask them if they make a Fiesta adapter.
  6. wash

wash Active Member

It looks like the R2 uses a Sparco adapter but "modified".

It looks like you can buy a standard adapter for $80, then try to figure out the modification.

If a QD would make getting in the car easier, I would look for a NASCAR takeoff splined adapter (sweet?) but that would take some fab.
    Tuningvelocity likes this.
  7. I saw the sparco adapter online but it only fits up to 2012. I'm really surprised I cant find this. What have other folks done?
  8. wash

wash Active Member

The site I saw linked from Google shopping said 2011-2014 Fiesta all.

It makes sense that Ford would not change those parts it bolts to. The description you saw may be obsolete.
  9. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

Could be an issue with the column trim too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  10. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Shouldn't be. Nothing I've observed has changed between 2011 and 2014.
  11. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

What did you figure out here? :)

I'm in the market for one of these now, too! Anyone need a stock FiST steering wheel? DBS? ;)
  12. DirtyBlueshirt

I do like the grip nubs better on the ST wheel...
  13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out for the center console.

14. McRib 1s Back

Bring me an aftermarket steering wheel/adapter, and you can have this one in trade! Free airbag! ;)
  15. McRib 1s Back

Come get it this weekend. Sorry about the thread hijacking -- it's Dave's fault! :)
  16. DirtyBlueshirt

What were you thinking?
  17. McRib 1s Back

Let's take it offline, but in short -- I just need a functional steering wheel before I give up this one! ;)
  18. Any updates. Still looking for a HUB
  19. McRib 1s Back

I have one from another Fiesta race car, but I have not tried to install it yet. It's on the list. Since we don't have a hydraulic setup, our options are very limited.