Aftermarket Turbos: ATP Safe?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by Makemfast, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Makemfast

Makemfast New Member

Hello,
    This is my first post on here so forgive me if I am in the wrong area. I recently purchased a 2015 Fiesta ST, it is hands down the most fun car I have owned (and maybe driver.) I took this over a 2015 Mustang GT, so anyone on the fence about buying one.. Do it! Any way I was wondering has anyone tried installing an aftermarket turbo on their Fiesta ST? I found this company ATP Turbo but I have not heard of them. I am assuming this would destroy the Fiesta ST engine or transmission? If so I will probably stick with getting a COBB or Mountune power pack.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker Active Member

Hard to say as the platform (1.6t) is still pretty new, however, sourskittle and others have been running aftermarket turbos of varying types and sizes without popping and engine yet... As far as power packs, mountune if you want warranty with little to no tweak-ibility, Cobb if you aren't worried about warranty and want customizability...

Note: I haven't heard anything bad about ATP, if your are running the supporting mods and an adequate tune for the modifications/turbo/fuel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

ATP is great as is DHM give them a shout for a complete upgrade kit,with tune

5. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

The above tuners are GTG. Some have 375+whp on internally stock engines.

The engine is strong. I wouldnt be scared at all running 300hp (crank) in this engine on a daily driver.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

330 at the wheels is my DD

7. davidp

davidp Member

had an ATP turbo in my gencoupe (a 3071R) pushing 26psi with meth and all the goodies going with it .. never had a single problem
    will buy again their stuff is amazing

8. Makemfast

Makemfast New Member

Hello,
    Thanks everyone for the replies. What is DHM, is that another tuner?

9. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

http://www.deadhookmotorsports.com/category-s/108.htm

They are making great stuff. Probably the most aggressive options are available from them.

Really liking the front crash bar/fmic kit they offer.

10. Makemfast

Makemfast New Member

The do have some cool stuff. I am looking at the shifter extension, how would you get the car in reverse?

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

There is a machined part on the end for the rev lockout . It works pretty good once you get used to the added length .