Another FiST on The Smoking Tire

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by HayesData, Feb 26, 2015.

1. HayesData

HayesData New Member

I just bought a 2015 and now that we've got another FiST in the TST family we're going to be doing some interesting comparisons.

You've all seen Thad's car, we're going in a little different direction with mine :)
    djdennehy, BlackBird, Dyn085 and 5 others like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Cool and Welcome
  4. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Very cool. Any hints in what direction you're going?
  5. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. jordbird

jordbird New Member

Welcome, I am a big fan of anything TST. The only reason I took out a FiST for a test drive is because Matt wouldn't shut up about it. 2000km into my ownership and I am loving mine.

Keep us up to speed on the build.
    RevinRed302 likes this.
  7. randywatson

randywatson New Member

TST gets a comission for every ST sold right ;)
  8. jordbird

jordbird New Member

There must be a pool of auto media people who get commission from all the FiSTs sold. Zach Bowman, Jonny Lieberman, Thad, 'bark m" haha and now Chris. There are probably more.
  9. BrilliantBS

BrilliantBS New Member

Awesome! Welcome, huge fan of all your podcast's Chris. You are often the voice of reason and bring up technical discussions/questions with guests. I know on your last Hooniverse you mentioned asking the fans for funding. I just want to throw it out there that I would happily give you some money for all the hours of entertainment.

Keep up the awesome content!
  10. HayesData

HayesData New Member

Can't really say yet as we haven't locked down agreements with everybody that I've approached.

More info coming as soon as that happens.
  11. HayesData

HayesData New Member

Hooniverse is a maybe on that, TST is completely ad supported at this point.

Been considering baking crowdfunding into ShoutEngine for other shows like Hooniverse that are exploring the idea of a fan funded show.
    djdennehy likes this.
  12. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

You should build your car with mountune parts then compare to Matt's Cobb stage 3 car. The two companies have similar parts and or tunes.
  13. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

That would be pretty pointless imho. Assuming they used the same dyno and that the cars had a similar baseline, they would probably both end up close enough that mere mortals wouldn't know the difference-assuming the final cars were pro-tuned by the same person. The Mountune route would cost significantly more though, and as soon as it went beyond the MP215 it would defeat the main purpose of going through Mountune to begin with-the warranty.
  14. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I never said anything about mp215 or warranty, I'm just curious about the differences in the different parts supplied by both companies. Yes your probably right the differences would be small. As for tuning maybe mountune has some tricks up their sleeve with all their vast knowledge working with Fords.
  15. BrilliantBS

BrilliantBS New Member

How about a rally vs track build? Skid plates, flaps, winter/off road tires, maybe lifted suspension with heavy duty shocks...
  16. HayesData

HayesData New Member

As fun as that sounds these cars are our daily drivers and we live in Los Angeles.
  17. HayesData

HayesData New Member

I'd love to say more right now but things are very much up in the air. I promise there will be more info soon.
  18. koozy

koozy Active Member

Congrats and welcome. I look forward to your build and any interesting insights you may have to share with us.
  19. BrilliantBS

BrilliantBS New Member

Practicality? You are the Smoking Tire and everyone knows Ford gives you those cars for free! lol

Actually, you should have taken the element rallying, that would be hilarious.
  20. HayesData

HayesData New Member

Yeah I got mine at the substantially discounted price of $25k.

I still think that an Element could be a decent rally candidate but it would require a lot of work and money I didn't want to put into it.

I'm going to put a little (big emphasis on little) into the ST but after that any money spent on cars will be for an Alcon brake kit, Recaro Sportsters and a de-stroked LS7 for the Vette.

As much as I like my Fiesta when I've got a much more capable car in the garage it seems silly to neglect it.

The one thing I will say, I'm way more apt to make a quick canyon run in the Fiesta. It doesn't draw attention (i.e. not cup car loud) and uses about 1/3 the fuel of the Vette.
  21. Golfguy11800

Golfguy11800 Member

Exactly my view as well. I've got a gutted Cayman track car in the garage that I rarely take out anymore on the mountain roads because it's so damn loud and it draws too much heat from police. Fiesta is as loud as a summer breeze even when pushing 9+/10. It's such a fun car and the dampening is perfect out of the box.

I really hate you and Matt since you are the reasons I bought mine. And then when Matt made the comment of the next smile per dollar was a Z28 or z06 with regards to a stage 3 fiesta St, I had to order that as well! Love the podcasts and have been following you guys since G419 days. Cheers