Another one from Michigan

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by Nemo, Feb 19, 2014.

1. eRic

eRic Active Member

there's also a cars & coffee at JD Racing indoor karting in Novi on Saturday, April 19th.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Nemo

Nemo New Member

I didn't know about that one, thanks for the heads up.

4. eRic

eRic Active Member

The 3rd Saturday of each month will start up again at JD Racing Indoor Karting in Novi on April 19th. The show will start at 10am and run till 1pm.
  5. jimlau

jimlau Member

It was good to see you eRic at C&C today! Here's a pic of our Fiesta twins: [​IMG]

This was my first Cars & Coffee and it was fun! I hope to see more FiST owners at these in the future!
    eRic and aborbs87 like this.
  6. eRic

eRic Active Member

It was good seeing you Jim! Thanks for the photo.

We have an autocross next Sunday at the Silverdome. Hopefully y'all can make it.

Detroit Region SCCA 2014 Season Opener Solo
    Sunday, April 27, 2014
    Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Mi
  7. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last Saturday, looks like it was a good turnout.

I'm definitely going to Kart2Kart and JD Racing next month, and it would be nice to have a FiST section :D

ps... Any other Detroit area ST owners that might be viewing this thread, come out and join us!
  8. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

The next one is the 17th then, yes?

EDIT: K2K's site says May 3rd?

EDIT 2(Sorry) Just realized we are talking about JD Racing, haha.
  9. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

I'm going to try and make it to both next time around.
    ST-in-Mich likes this.
  10. eRic

eRic Active Member

11. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Hey eRic, ever since I picked up my ST I've been itching to try autocross, but as the FiST is my first manual car, I wanted to take a little time to learn some fundamental performance driving techniques like heel and toe, and rev matching. Now that I feel comfortable with my footwork (and have a fresh set of ExtremeContact DW's on the way,) I feel like now is the perfect time to get started.

Since you seem to be quite the experienced autocrosser, do you have any course etiquette tips, common beginner mistakes to avoid, or any other helpful information you'd be willing to share? The last thing I want to do is show up and look completely clueless.
  12. eRic

eRic Active Member

Hey Nemo. Here is a link the the Solo II [autocross] novice handbook. the latest revision was in 1998 so you'll need to consult the current rules book for classing and pax however the advice and etiquette is still good.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  13. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

When you get there it will look like a sea of traffic cones. Walk the course as many times as you can (at least 3) and you'll be less likely to get lost when you are driving. Look ahead to where you are going, not where you are. Sit as close to the steering wheel and pedals as you can comfortably and you will have better, smoother control. If you don't know or understand something, ask, almost everybody will be glad to help. Most importantly, have fun.
  14. slimspidey

slimspidey New Member

YPSILIPSI! I say we meet at the corner brewery
  15. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Thanks eRic and Cligedy for the info. The best way to get started is probably to get off the computer and just head to an event. Everyone I've talked to has been exceedingly friendly and helpful, so I'm sure all of my concerns are just first time jitters.

I'm definitely going to head out to the next Detroit area autocross and give it a shot!
  16. Marc Scuiletti

Marc Scuiletti New Member

Now you said the magic word. I'll meet at a brewery any day!

On a side note, has anyone asked to take their FIST on the kart track? It's not much larger than the karts... :p
  17. slimspidey

slimspidey New Member

OK that is two! lololol