Any other Fords in the Family ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mikeygti, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

My wife has a 2012 Focus SEL in Red Candy that she calls Dorothy
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

My dad has an Edge, Explorer Sport Trac and a new-gen T-Bird. And I'm a former SVT Focus owner.
  4. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

2005 Turbocharged Duratec 2.0 Focus ZX3. And a fully loaded 2013 Focus ST.
  5. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

2004 Focus ZX5 SVT
    2005 Focus ZX3 SES
    2007 Fivehundred SEL

The 2005 will likely go away when I purchase the FiST. I'm keeping the SVT. Gotta have something to rally!
  6. Removed

Removed Guest

2000 Focus ZX3.
  7. Audrey

Audrey Member

My husband and I both have 2011 Fiestas. Mine is an SES and his is an SEL; both are Monterey Grey. We met through a Fiesta forum. I'm pretty sure most of the current members know our story.

My dad is restoring his mother's 67 Mustang, an old Thunderbird of his, and he drives an old (60s I think) Ford pickup truck. I come from a long line of Fords. That said, he's also restoring a 78 280Z car for me. :) So we're not just drinking the Ford Koolaid.
  8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

'04 F-150 Lariat, 2010 6.2L SVT Raptor. Dad used to have an old fastback.
  9. wash

wash Active Member

I've had a '67 Mustang GT fastback, '64 1/2 Mustang convertible, Ranger pickup and an SVT Cobra that I still own.

I learned to drive in a Mercury Grand Marquis too.

And two Mazda's which is equivalent to 1/2 a Ford.
  10. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

My wife had a 2003 Taurus that we could not have been happier to get rid of. Father in law has an old F-350 that's held up well.
  11. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

In addition to my current Fords (listed above) I've also had the following:
    Learned on the family's 1977 Mercury Cougar (land yacht!), our secondary car was a 1977 Ford LTD in that lovely late-70s green. The first car that had my name on the title was a 1979 Mustang. Traded that in on a 1988 Ranger XLT (loved that little truck!). Our 1988 Taurus held up well under the abuse of a grad student at one college and adjunct instructor at a couple of other places (LOTS of hard miles!) My wife had a 1967 Mustang until a stuck throttle on a gravel road resulted in a bent frame. Fortunately, my wife was fine save for a bruised shoulder and feeling crushed having lost her pride and joy.
  12. Ataru

Ataru Member

I currently own a 2003 SVT Focus and my wife has a 2013 Focus Titanium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
  13. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Ive got my 2006 ZX5 focus and my restoration project is an all original 68 mustang coupe.

I drive a 2002 SVT Focus, Wife drives a 2005 Freestyle, Mom drives a 2011 Escape, Dad has a 2005 Expedition for towing and I just got my sister into a 2008 Taurus-X.
  15. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Have a 2007 F-150 Supercrew and my wife drives a 2010 Fusion. The F-150 is for sale BTW.
    Check in the Kansas City region for Pics. 63,000 miles, garaged. Lots of extras.
    $100 for a referral that buys it...
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

After many Fords over the years we are now down to only a few.
    My current '11 Fiesta (to traded in for the ST)
    My mother's '08 Edge (soon to traded for a '14 Edge).
    My son's '73 Maverick and '65 Mustang Fastback (project).

17. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

I know you'll all be impressed...

A 1991 Ford Festiva L. 5 speed.

Still on of my all time favorite cars I've ever owned. Being able to literally drive it as had as you can, your never really breaking any speed limits!! Haha. It actually is fantastic to learn fundamental racing techniques and I've taught alot of people in this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Mikeygti likes this.
  18. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

we have:
    2012 F150 EcoBoost FX4
    2008 Mustang
    2001 Focus Wagon
    and i just parted out my 02 SVT Focus (Full mk1 RS conversion ;))
    Now waiting for my Tuxedo Black ST!
  19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I traded a 2011 Fiesta SES for my 2014 ST on Monday
    My daughter drives a 2011 Fiesta SE
    My wife drives a 2010 Fusion Hybrid.

All purchased from the same salesman at the same dealership. They treated us well and we've stuck with them.
    Ataru likes this.
  20. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I grew up in a Ford family. I've owned 3 cars, all Fords, and it seems it will continue to stay that way.

My first car was a 1992 Ford Tempo bought in 2006. Pile of junk, but it held together for the two years I owned it.
    Then I bought my 2003 Ford ZX2 in 2008. Best car I've owned. Done plenty of mods and learned most of what I know about cars working on it.
    In 2011 I bought a fixer upper 1998 ZX2 to fix up and resell. I fixed it up, replaced broken parts, and repainted it. Sold it later that year. I don't really know if I made any money off it, but what I did gain was in experience and it was my summer project so it gave me something to do.
    Now I'm looking to buy a Fiesta ST to replace my ZX2 once I graduate college and get a steady job.

As for my family.
    My mom has had:
    1970s Mustang
    1984 Mustang
    1996 Mercury Sable
    2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

My dad has had:
    unknown year Ford Galaxie
    unknown year Toyota pickup
    1980's Ford Ranger
    1989 Mercury Tracer
    2002 Ford Ranger

My brother has had
    My old Tempo
    1995 Ford Thunderbird

Even my extended family on my mom's side only drives Fords.
  21. 2glides

2glides New Member

Are you kidding? The first car I can remember was my Dad's 53 Mercury coupe. He owned many Ford cars and trucks while I was growing up, a 65 Galaxy 2 door, 390 4 bbl that I got my first speeding ticket in, was one of my favorites, though. My wife owned a 79 mustang when we met, we've owned only Ford's for our daily drivers since then. Currently we own her 12 Focus hatchback, my Fiesta ST, a 2003 ZX2 that was her car (I always got her hand-me downs), and a 93 F-150 Flareside plus a couple of MG's, Harley Davidsons and an Austin-Healey Sprite project. My daughter has a 10 Mariner and my son-in-law has a 13 F-550SD crew cab. My mom just bought a 14 Focus sedan last week and gave her 99 ZX2 to one of my sisters. So, yeah, we have a few Fords in the family.