Any other WRC fans here?

Discussion in 'WRC - FIA World Rally Championship' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Also - the Rally stage set up at Goodwood was my favorite part of the Festival of Speed last year...Miko was killing it.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Ford finished 3rd behind two factory teams. VW out spent the other teams x2 . Ford hasnt factory sponsored a team in over ten years. Me thinks they are doing quite fine.

Jan 14 is Monte Carlo. Should be a good one with Kubica driving as he finished the final European championship last weekend over the other "big guys" by 20+"

4. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I bet the team would disagree with that, I doubt they are happy being 3rd. Also not sure how a fan can be happy with that. In F1 I am gutted if Ferrari are not at the top of the podium, it is the reason watching motor sports is so appealing to me - Passion.
    I was happy that VW came in and beat Citroen (especially as a current and past owner of a bunch of VW's), I wish Jari-Matti would find a better balance of speed and staying on the road as I am not a massive fan of Ogier, but watching them win is why I watch. I am hoping that Hyundai joining will spark even more rivalry and maybe prompt even more manufacturers to join.
    Kubica will definitely be a factor, especially on sealed surfaces...though he has shown speed in the rough too...would have loved to see him stay in Wales a bit longer, but I am sure he will make up for it.

5. moshaholic2

I think WE ALL want Ford to be on top of the podium. But, like sports teams, the one ones with the biggest budget are usually the ones that win.

The Fiesta WRC platform has been developed by independant companies. While some have an alliance with the parent company Ford, it's nothing like the money and engineers VW or Citroen threw at their WRC campaigns.

To be running essentially as an "independant"/"privateer", 3rd in the over all is pretty good with less product development and less backing.

I think R3 class is more important for us to watch as those ARE our cars.

6. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Good point...and I actually watch the BRC and as many other contests as I can get in the US, very limited though.

7. moshaholic2

Well, Monte Carlo is done. SPOILER ALERT

WRC1 - 2nd place Ford w/ Bouffier . Kubica had shown lots of speed earlier w/ some stage wins, but hit black ice coming onto a bridge and stuffed it which ended his rally.

WRC2 Fiesta R5 clean sweep of the podium, 1, 2, 3

8. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

So anyone have a source for the Full day summaries? Last season WRC.com was getting up online pretty quick, have not seen the Montecarlo summary yet.

10. jcr557

jcr557 Member

Rally fan and rally driver here. I'm from Philadelphia, PA and race with Rally-America in my 2011 Ford Fiesta.

11. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Rally fan present, part of what attracted me to the platform is the pedigree in WRC, WRC2 (Fiesta ST-based MSport R5) and my love of small hatchbacks annihilating awful roads. Loving the 2014 season so far, hoping someone (Latvala?) will put a crimp in Ogier's world-domination. Hope to one day build a cheap stage car (probably out of a 2.5RS or similar car) for NEFR up in NH/ME.