Any updates on product availability? Intake, exhaust etc?

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by moshaholic2, Nov 18, 2013.

1. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

No, that is not needed from what we've seen here. This is a MAP based car so it's not as sensitive to air intake changes like the typical MAF equiped cars. Even though the car has a MAF sensor, it's not being used for airflow on US and Canadian models.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

It takes about 1 to 1.5 hours for the average DIYer.
  4. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Yeah, so post up some pics once it's installed and let us know how you like it. :) The FSWERKs intake will be my 2nd mod after I get my Christmas present... ~cough.. cough~ ~Cobb AP~ ~cough.. cough~ lol
  5. pelotonracer2

Geeezum, I can't imagine how or why it would even take that long. Looks really straight forward and easy.
  6. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

Very tight spots thats the biggest issue
  7. pelotonracer2

Ok, fair enough. :)
  8. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

Ill get pictures soon...
    And for the install put your pride away and read instructions...honestly, just dont tell anyone :whistling:

For canadian specs... Remove block heater cord clip
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

That just Canada or any car with a block heater from the factory...My clip is mounted between the air snorkel and the hood clasp on the top of the radiator area..
  10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I guess I can't use one of those.
    I don't have a block heater at all. :(
    But the ball heaters work very well. :)

Firesail likes this.
  11. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

12. pelotonracer2

Looks good! How's it run? :p
  13. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

Yeah, that's a nice looking setup but I still have my doubts with it being exposed to the engine environment. Sure it's going to get some cool air from the original cold air tube but it's also going to suck up warm air from under the hood. It makes me wonder if this isn't one of those deals where the dyno numbers look great but real world performance not so much.
  14. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

I drove our Fiesta ST with the Cool-Flo kit installed and it drives VERY well. That car really feels like a rocket. :cool:
  15. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Umm...not a biased opinion, right ? :p lol
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I am not saying that your Cool-Flo doesn't work. (I'm sure it does)
    But didn't it feel like a rocket before? ;)

17. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

Just trying to let people know that it works very well with the Cool-Flo.
  18. pelotonracer2

I'll be giving it a go, replete with dyno runs after I get a few more miles on my car. I don't see a problem with this kind of intake with an efficient intercooler. I used a short ram on my MS3 and they typically give ridiculous gains on that platform, even with the stock top mount intercooler. I can see where some heat soak might be an issue on a 100 degree day in stop in go traffic, but who cares... it's not like you are going anywhere in a hurry. lol. I do find it odd that this part is now available but no dyno runs have been produced.
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I do know that FS Werks does build some good stuff but I am also surprised that they didn't provide a Dyno test.

20. wash

wash Active Member

As far as I know, Cobb hasn't made tuning software available to anyone so there is no way for FSWerks to get the most out of the intake.

I'm impatiently waiting for the software also.

I bet we will see a lot more dyno numbers after people can actually tune for their parts.
  21. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

FSWerks has the ability to tune and was given permission by COBB to release their own tunes.

I just dont think they have a stock car to do a dyno, install parts, dyno run on to get the #'s.

They only have their SEMA modded car.