Any word on BOV upgrades yet?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by ziggyst, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

getting close to taking delivery on my car and i dont know about you guys but i wanna make some noise lol
    has anyone seen or heard of fitting a blow off valve on our cars, if it affects performance, or conflicts with the factory bpv?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I don't think you can put one on it because it's something different but don't quote me on that. Listen to the teaser video of fsworks cold air intake. It sound amazing :)

4. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

You understand that if you purchase an aftermarket BOV, that it would replace your factory BPV, right? You can't have both....

5. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

yes i know that.... but seeing as i dont have the car yet, i havent got a look at the factory setup but i thought i heard the bpv is right off the turbo... hence starting the thread to see if there is a method of deleting this or....?

6. wash

wash Active Member

From what I understand, the traditional blow off valve sound comes when it vents to atmosphere while the OEM systems have to recirculate so that the MAF isn't measuring air that isn't being burned.

The BOV is also there to protect the turbo so that closing the throttle doesn't make the compressor wheel hit a wall of air and decelerate instantly. A change might add noise but you have to make sure it does its job too.

7. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

yea i know how they work and what they do lol my last car was a skyline. ;), just curious if anyone tried fitting one yet

8. Removed

Removed Guest

They have hybrid valves that vent but don't trip the MAF/ECU. I know a couple tuner companies made them for the Focus ST - milled aluminum, they were nice - but they seem to have been discontinued... always a good sign.

ziggyst likes this.
  9. limbo

limbo Active Member

I think we've learned by now that a bov on a car designed for a bpv is purely for the sound. There's no function there as has been pointed out, if you want to make some noise at the detriment of performance and reliability, go for it.

10. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

thanks for the permission :thumbsup:

11. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Some years back when in SoCal, someone created and started selling a fake bov for the rice boyz in their early Mitsubishi's (forgot the cars name, doh) that did not have a turbo.

So save your engine, just buy one of these instead, and you'll be the talk of the town (rotflmao)

http://www.saber-edv.co.uk/

12. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

lmao! yeaaa... no thanks :p