Anybody run H&R or Bilstein coilovers on their old fiesta?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Sep 29, 2013.

1. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

How do they compare to the stock OEM ST suspension?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. eRic

eRic Active Member

I had the Ford Racing Bilstein "autocross" kit on my Fiesta. The Bilstein kit spring rates are 275 lb/in front and 230 lb/in rear vs. the Fiesta ST spring rates of 171 lb/in front and 143 lb/in rear.

4. moshaholic2

And car reviewers are complaining about the stiff ride in the ST? Those rates aren't that aggressive.

5. moshaholic2

Reviving this thread. So now that you have some miles on your ST, how do the rides compare?

6. eRic

eRic Active Member

the Fiesta ST ride quality is stiffer than a non-ST but it's not bad. I took my mom for a a ride in the Fiesta ST and she didn't complain. For comparison I had the Ford Racing "handling pack" on my 2011 Fiesta before I got the "autocross suspension kit" and the Fiesta ST feels somewhere in between. Oh yeah something else to think about. The Fiesta ST 205/40-17 tires have 39 psi front and 36 psi rear of air. My 2011 Fiesta had 205/45-16 tires and 215/40-17 tires with 35 psi front and rear. The ride quality was less harsh with the 16 wheels and tires.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013