Anyone else having an issue with their radio?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by lill2012, Aug 21, 2014.

1. lill2012

lill2012 Member

For whatever reason, and now it's constant, whenever I turn the car on, the radio says that it's on, the volume bars move when I turn the knob, but no sound. I have to turn the power off then back on for it to work. It's going in tomorrow to get the rims fixed (i hit 2 separate potholes, one on each front rim), so I'll mention it. Just curious if I'm alone with this one.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. EcoBeast

EcoBeast Member

No. You are in good company! Others have the same issue. If you start the car but don't move for a few seconds the radio does come on. If you drive off right away it sometimes does what you are experiencing.

lill2012 likes this.
  4. lill2012

lill2012 Member

thank you!

5. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

Happens to me. Have to wait a bit longer before driving off

6. eRic

eRic Active Member

Did you leave the audio system on when you switch the engine off? Look at the MyFord Touch screen. Does audio go silent as your phone connects?

7. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

It's annoying. Happens to me! I fiddle with it, change channels, etc.

I probably am not what finally gets the radio working, but when It finally comes on, I feel like I accomplished something.

So, a bright spot in my day, come to think of it.

8. SpaceFish

SpaceFish Member

Sounds like the lag issue - I still experience this from time to time since it seems to want to re-index my music collection every few times I start it. Annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as my demon of an MFT system was in my Focus ST.

9. lill2012

lill2012 Member

I've been waiting longer to leave and that seems to do the trick. I forget to wait most of the time, though, so I just turn it off and then back on again. And it turns out I completely wrecked 2 rims already. On one of them you can actually see the size of the pothole I hit just by looking at the back. The only extra I bought was the rim protection package. It's already paid for itself :)

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  10. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

If you drive away before the sync boots all the way, no sound. Wait until the main screen loads no problem. The fix is to hit power and power on. Sound works. Only a slight annoyance