Anyone have the Cobb exhaust yet?

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Jul 14, 2014.

1. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I want to hear how it sounds! I know the smoking tire has a video up of the stage 3 kit installed but it's hard to tell what it sounds like because they don't really show too much of it and it's mostly in the car

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. joker96

joker96 Member

There is an official sound video on cobbs website

4. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Was the sound always on there? I could have swore it wasn't there last time I checked. Thanks! I think it's definitely the best sounding there is right now.

5. joker96

joker96 Member

Been there since release. I agree with you. The sound is awesome

6. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I'm hoping we get some user reviews about it soon. It's at the top of my wish list right now.

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I'll let you know.... I have a Cobb cat back on the way. Hoping to receive and install this weekend :cool:

BTW- that sound clip is from Ian @ Cobb's personal Fiesta ST . He said he LOVES the look and sound of his ;)

8. scenicroadways

scenicroadways New Member

Had mine for a week now on my stock ST. Love it. Its loud when you really get on it, but quiet when cruising, and makes this fantastic burble sound when coming off throttle and slowing down. The tips look really nice too, they stick out just right and the logos look great. I will try and do a video of it this weekend.

CGv2, mcummings182 and mrtn like this.
  9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

So you caved? Didn't want to hold out for Mountune or was the pic of the tips enough to make you decide on Cobb?

10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

All of the above lol plus hearing the various sound clips & reviews of the Cobb,it "ticks" all the boxes for me ;)

11. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Awesome. If you get it installed before Mountune releases theirs and you have a review and video you may convince me to stop waiting for Mountune. Hoping someone puts their own sound clips up here. I think that would be great to compare to the vid Cobb posted. So I know that's the real sound. Not that I don't think it is anyway.

12. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Will the turbo back throw a code if I don't have ap? I too want it but want to see if I can go all the way

13. I have the same dilemma, wait & hear what Mountune brings to the table or buy an exhaust to match my shift knob.
    MH

14. joker96

joker96 Member

It shouldnt since its catted.

15. Jeff

Jeff New Member

It ticks ALL the boxes. Way better sound than the clips

16. I just found out it's shipping weight! 54lbm.
    MH

17. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I must have the titanium version - 52 lbs. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. That or I got a double shot of packing peanuts.:headbang: I guess I'l find out Friday.
    MH

19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I'm not sure how mine ended up lighter. Picked it up yesterday and it included a Cobb license plate holder lol. Install tomorrow. Vroom !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrtn likes this.
  20. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Pics and vids, pics and vids :p

21. Crap, I already have a Cobb frame. Hopefully there is some other random swag that they will have thrown in there. I'll find out this afternoon.
    MH