Anyone have the Cobb exhaust yet?

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

b
    Check the parts very carefully. One of my exhaust tips ended up having a "ding". Not sure if my muffler shop can fix it, or if it should be replaced.Working with Cobb as we speak

Cobb  Exhuast Damage 4.jpg Cobb  Exhuast Damage 5.jpg

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Aw nooo sorry to see that. I would be devastated after all that waiting. Hopefully Cobb can help you out.

4. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Showed it to my fab guy at work. He thinks it can be "popped" back out to look as good as new :) I think I might just do that if Cobb agrees to it.

5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Ah good. Hopefully you get a discount. Just like the dented cans at the supermarket.

6. Thanks, I'll give it the twice over.
    MH

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Okay, going to have my muffler shop to try and "pop" out the ding. ( should be no problem ) If that doesn't work, Cobb will ship out a N/C replacement right away. Regardless they are sending me some "swag" :) I am a purchasing agent by profession and talk to a lot of suppliers. Cobbs customer service ranks up there with the best of them. Big ups Cobb :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    COBB and mrtn like this.
  8. That's one of the reasons I went with them. I emailed a couple of questions to them about the exhaust and they responded quickly and helpfully, not terribly common in the aftermarket parts biz.
    MH

9. Houston, we have a problem.
    WP_20140718_12_43_01_Pro (1024x576).jpg

10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Hahah had that exact same problem yesterday ! Believe it or not I did get it to fit by sliding both seats way forward lol

11. I put some straps around it, lowered the hatch & cinched them down on the hydraulic hatch support rod brackets. Then I drove like a little old lady to the muffler shop. I should have just had it delivered there.
    No shipping damage but a couple of the hanger brackets had stuck through the box lid. The thing is pretty! Those flanges are each10mm thick! No wonder it's as hefty as the stock system. I picked up some SS fastners and Nord Lock, wedge lock washers to use on it.
    Gotta charge the GoPro and beat it out to the shop early tomorrow. Anyone want a Cobb license plate frame?
    MH

12. jariten

jariten Member

Haha...same here.

The guys at the FedEx store were like "this won't fit in there". Not one to be stopped by silly things like physics or dimensions I just put the seats way forward and drove it home tucked in a squat with T-rex arms.

13. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Stock......[​IMG]

And not stock.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  14. scenicroadways

scenicroadways New Member

Looks great! I also had to fit mine in the car like some of the above posters, moved the seats all the way forward and drove awkwardly for 45 min to the tuner shop. Just put 200 more miles on my exhaust on a road trip last night. It gets pretty nice and loud when heated up for a long time.. Sounds great though

15. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Just waiting on those sound clips :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. scenicroadways

I'll stop on my way home tomorrow when the systems nice and warmed up and get a clip up on youtube, promise!

17. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

1st impressions.I think it looks AWESOME installed. Fills the rear cutout nicely. Sound wise, quiet at idle and low RPM. Put your foot in it, and " HELLO " Most importantly, no drone at highway speed :) There is sometimes a very nice little "burble" on deceleration. I think someone else had mentioned that as well. The sound clips I've heard are close, but believe me , SOUNDS WAY BETTER in person :cool: So between the quality and sound, plus Cobb's excellent customer service, a most excellent purchase indeed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    scenicroadways likes this.
  18. scenicroadways

19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Sounds familiar :thumbsup:

20. I'm working on a sound bite. I can't find a good spot to place the GoPro that picks up the sound well without the microphone getting oversaturated by wind or exhaust sound. I'm going to try a sock around the case to cut down on some of the oversaturation.
    The exhaust shop said it went on without a hitch. They expected that as they had done Cobb exhausts before.
    My down tube is stock. As said above, no drone. It will be louder if you have the back seats down and/or the parcel shelf out. You can get a little burble and muted pop if you work the throttle just so.
    MH

21. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

This is exactly the sound I've been looking for! :happy:

Did you get the dp as well?