Anyone have the Cobb exhaust yet?

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by mcummings182, Jul 14, 2014.

1. scenicroadways

scenicroadways New Member

Nope, just the catback, everything else is stock right now. I'm addicted now though. RMM, intake or accessport is next on my list.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Notice any gains at all? I know that you won't get as much out of it unless you have the accessport but I'm curious
  4. scenicroadways

It's probably my imagination, but it kinda feels slightly more torquey. The dyno numbers I've seen from FSwerks for their 2.5 exhaust, and other similar ones seem to add power, so I am thinking it does add some.
  5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I just pulled the trigger on this. I love the sound and all the reports of drone free operation were what I was looking for. Looking forward to a nice bit of burble here and there, maybe the downpipe somewhere down the road (probably not far down road with my addiction to tweaking this car). :)
    Mikeygti and scenicroadways like this.
  6. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine ;) Man, it's like I'm LOOKING for excuses just to drive/ listen to this car ! :cool:
  7. scenicroadways

I totally agree. I even love slowing down in the parking lot when I come into work as much as i do putting my foot in it out on the road, just to hear that nice burble.
  8. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

To anyone that just put on a Cobb unit, i would love to have the resonator secton of your stock exhaust (from the flange to where you cut it). I am trying to rig up a resonator delete but want a unit to test it on first (i do not need the rear section). I would be happy to pay for shipping. Let me know. thank you
  9. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

I'm waiting to hear what the turbo back sounds like, I have been waiting on cobb to make their exhaust though and so far the cat back sounds pretty nice, originally I was thinking of going with the MRT but it seems a little too loud, and I almost just gave up and bought FS Werks but glad I waited, this may be just right.
  10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I was told you pretty much need a tune to get the extra power from a dp upgrade,as well as eliminate a possible error code from the extra flow. I'm running the MP215 tune which is locked,therefore no down pipe upgrade for me right now. Happy with the catback 4 sho :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. ISO100

ISO100 Member

Can one of you fine lads record a video/sound clip of the system while under load por favor? I already ordered an MBRP but there's nothing better than buyer's remorse, right?
  12. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I'll shoot a video with the GoPro mounted to the rear bumper once I get the system installed. I ordered just the Catback for now.
  13. jfdana

jfdana Member

Just had the Catback installed this morning. Looks and sounds great, no worries about the ecu throwing codes. The guys in the shop made me come out back while it was on the lift as they all were admiring the fit and the welds.

For anyone loading it in the back, I opened the large black box and took out the longer front pipe and the smaller cardboard box containing the remaining parts (muffler, shorter bent pipe, nuts & bolts). They fit with plenty of room.
  14. ISO100

ISO100 Member

Video please!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  15. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Does it really matter what it sounds like if you've already ordered an MBRP ?:rolleyes:
  16. ISO100

ISO100 Member

I'm asking for a friend. :eek:

Seriously, not really but I still haven't heard a great set of sound clips under load for the Cobb. And frankly, it sounds so damned good I want to hear more.
    Mikeygti likes this.
  17. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

Question for folks with this exhaust. Have you experienced any drone in the 3300 to 3800 RPM range with this CBE (and stock catalytic converter)? Thanks for any feedback. I'm canvassing all the various CBE buyers. Maybe will start a separate thread.
  18. scenicroadways

Mine gets pretty loud in that range if you've been driving a while and the systems nice and heated up. As soon as you upshift to a cruising rpm it quits down.
  19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Loud in a nice kinda way hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. jfdana

jfdana Member

After five days, I am really pleased. I'm 63, moderately respectable, living in an ultra-respectable condominium. People don't throw things at me as I drive in and out, and young mothers don't turn their children aside in horror.

In all seriousness, no drone, the exhaust is loudest when going downhill in 3d with the engine lagging at 3k. Easily controlled with the throttle. Sounds really good while accelerating and decelerating. WOT sounds great (windows open or closed). It took awhile to be able to shift by sound alone, but given time and practice, it didn't take too long.

I agree completely with the video commentator who said that stock sounds like a rental; Cobb sounds like the car was meant to.

Just the best rental ever.
    mcummings182 and ISO100 like this.
  21. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Anyone that has the Cobb exhaust making a take off and drive by vid?
    graynicolas11 and mcummings182 like this.