Anyone know how to correctly interpret the Ford X-Plan?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sil3nt611, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I'm looking at ordering a Fiesta ST in August or so once I hit my goal down payment amount. I hadn't really thought about it until my boss brought up that he gets the X-Plan through his father-in-law I believe it is. I decided to look into how I might qualify for the X-Plan under my uncle who works at a Ford dealership as an HVAC mechanic. At first I thought for sure I qualified because it said friends and family of a Ford Motor Company employee called the Friends and Neighbors Program. I asked my uncle and he said I didn't. And after he said that I looked into it more and now I've read a lot of different versions of how the X-Plan works. So I'm a bit confused. My mom and dad can get the D-Plan through my uncle as his sister and brother-in-law are considered immediate family, but as his nephew I don't qualify for that one. My uncle is going to ask tomorrow to be sure but he's pretty sure I don't qualify. Are dealership employees not considered "Ford Motor Company Employees"?

I figure one of the Ford people on here might know the actual answer or someone that did qualify for it that has bought a new car through the X-Plan. Just trying to get the correct answers so I know what all I can and can't get before I buy my Fiesta.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

dealership employees are part of the dealership only and don't work for Ford. They work for the franchise only. The dealership employees get "D" plan pricing, which is limited to direct family members. If you know any Ford employees, they may be able to get you an X plan PIN as they would be a friend of yours. It used to be for suppliers, which I qualified for when I worked as a Tier 1 supplier back in the day. I also had X plan with the Fiesta Movement.

4. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Gotcha, that explains that. Guess I'll have to see what incentives I qualify for when I go to buy then.

5. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Member

You're not missing out on much. The X-plan discount on the Fiesta ST is currently only $216. I was told when my wife bought hers it was because there was little profit built into the MSRP for the dealer on this particular model........but it was a salesperson so take that for what you will. There are other provisions that come with the x-plan that limit the amount the dealer can charge for doc fees, and *I think* I recall they can't add "market adjustment" BS fees but it's not much savings for the ST. The discount is about $1000 on most vehicles in the $20k-30K range.

6. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

That's what I figured, but $1k off plus incentives and anything else I might be able to get off would be better than doing the negotiation dance. But that's ok, I'll just see what happens.