Are you leasing or buying your new Fiesta ST?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

?

Are you leasing or buying your new Fiesta ST?

1. Leasing

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Buying

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Please vote in this poll. Feel free to put any comments below. For example the length of your lease or loan. This is of course optional. I just thought it would be interesting to see what trends, if any, show up.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

When it happens, buying. Leasing seems like such a waste.

4. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Leasing use to be a benefit if you were writing the car off as a business expense. But, these days, even that tactic isn't what it use to be.

IMO, leasing is really for people that either A. Want a new car every 24 (or so) months, without hassles of buying and selling. Or, B. those that want to drive a vehicle that is a notch or two above what they could afford if they were purchasing.

5. tubbyaz

tubbyaz Member

Buying with cash. Driving my Focus for 12 years, I continued to make the monthly payment into savings after the loan was paid off. I never missed the money, and now my fantasy of just walking into the dealer and writing a check is soon to be realized.

I tend to put only about 8K miles a year on the "daily" driver because I usually bicycle to work. Keeps the miles off the cars, and when I do drive, it's more of a pleasure thing (i.e. NOT driving to work!). So the new ST, whenever it gets here, will live in my garage for a long long long time.

6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I will be writing a BIG check as well.

Dave

7. Removed

Removed Guest

Buying. I will drive this car until it turns to dust.

toad37 and xorpheous like this.
  8. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Buying... I commute 50 minutes each way to work everyday. I could never lease. Plus I want to modify it.

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I traded in. They are writing me a check in addition to the ST.
    I would have taken the 0% financing if not for the trade.

10. Steve

Steve New Member

Buying. I drive at least 13,000 miles each year to and from work. And that is if I only work 5 days a week. Just got my official $ numbers. $501 a month for 60 months. That's $6000 less than what they estimated me at $500 for 72 months. I calculated that works out to 7.3% APR which I'm very happy with concerning my not so great credit score.

If I was going to lease I would have gone with my employee special $0 down and $250 a month Buick Verano deal lol.

11. Trading my GTI in and buying ST, provided the test drive impresses me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2