Are you planning on picking up an ECU flasher?

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by FSWerksVP, Aug 21, 2013.

1. breon

breon Member

Since I'm leasing, I'd flash the ECU if I could return it completely to stock without the dealer knowing.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

You can disconnect it. If you'd like to monitor and/or data log you connect it back to the car.
    Smokin likes this.
  4. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

Yep, that is doable!
  5. golfhack

golfhack Member

Any additional torque steer? It's partially why I bought the the FiST over the FoST. Also, if I chose to drive up and pick one up, do you have these in stock? Not sure if I am going to get one now, but just in case ;-)

edit: looks like the torque steer question was answered in another post
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I am def interested in this in the spring time. Hopefully by then people will put some miles on it and see how it holds up. I want to be safe I have this car for 6 years haha
  7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Definitely want one!
  8. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

WOW! Just flashed my ECU and talk about adding some extra kick. The torque is definately bumped up (and I'm only running 91). I'll go and put some miles on it this evening and try to give a more detailed write up.

Can't wait to add an intake and exhaust too. This car will be a stealthy rocket.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    CarefreeAZ likes this.
  9. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Awesome lucky you! Def give us some feedback maybe try the Econ mode and see what mileage you get to.
  10. moshaholic2

Good idea. Just filled up recently and will run the "fast" tune for this tank. Then I can run the Econ mode and do some highway miles and see what MPG I can get. I'm normally pretty heavy right footed. So no promising the #'s will be steller. But, I'll try to do some long distances w/ the cruise set around 80mph.
  11. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Sounds perfect because obviously we drive the same heavy right foot and 80 on the highway haha
  12. golfhack

golfhack Member

I reset everything on my hour plus drive home from FSWerks. My mpg was 33 and I think my average speed was 77 mph. I think I reset everything on the highway. BTW, Dan at FSWerks was really cool. He even invited me to a Focus meet near where I live. I would have went but this is my weekend with my kiddo :)
  13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

FSwerks when are you gonna release your AP tune?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    RodMoe likes this.
  14. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

No ETA right now, sorry.
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Good Luck Randy

From Their FB page
  16. moshaholic2

Wow! You helped build that place up to what it is.

Good luck with mountune. Great company w/ great products. It will be hard for the "little guys" to compete w/ them with their engineering and direct ties w/ Ford.

Looking forward the offerings
  17. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

I'm thinking about picking up the Cobb unit but no ETA on that either. :)
  18. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

So are you still looking for FiSTs with mountune FMIC for testing, just at as different location?

moshaholic2 likes this.
  19. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

So does this mean that you are still planning on releasing tunes for the AP?
  20. moshaholic2

I hope so... as it might be for a forthcoming "MP230" package (just a guess on the #). But, would be inline with all the other mountune MP packages they have for the Focus ST. MP215 (stage 1) MP230?? (stage 2) etc etc

Randy has US spec Ford tuning down pretty damn well. I imagine mountune usa saw the value in this, and maybe his even he was outsourced for the US Spec MP215 and he was already pretty local to mountune usa
    Firesail and Mikeygti like this.