Auto Headlights

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by MOFiST, Feb 1, 2014.

1. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

You made me doubt myself. I checked again but I can confirm in my car the front power socket is off until I start the car. The rear passenger power socket comes on when I open the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well then there is another difference in some cars.
    Both my power taps are on 24/7.

Dave

4. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

I wish I had your setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Just sitting in my car with ignition off.. Both powere taps are working..;)))))

6. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Rubbin it in for me lol. I don't get it. Is there any Aussies on here that can check. Maybe our cars are different or mine is wired wrong :/

Tappin on the phone

7. wash

wash Active Member

Both my 12v sockets are always on but my USB only charges with ignition on so I have to devote one socket to a USB adapter.

8. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

The fog lights are automatic as well right? Because it seems like those never turn on, even when it's really foggy

9. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

They are if you have the light knob pulled out to turn them on when in the auto position.

spangenb likes this.
  10. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

The knob pulls out? I thought I checked everything. Hmm I will have to try again lol

11. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Yup the knob pulls out for fogs. Much nicer than my Focus where you have to press a button to turn on the fogs every time.

12. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I haven't checked my Fiesta yet, but on my Ranger, the accessory power shuts off about twenty minutes after shutting off the engine.

13. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I believe that's the case with ours too. Not sure if it's 20 minutes, but it does shut down after a time.

14. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I don't think so. I have kept the car charger for my phone on all day while at work or at home in the garage at night.

15. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Sorry, you're right. I has this thread confused with another thread discussing the radio shutting down after a period of time.