Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
I put my kids in the hatch, keeps them from flying around the cabin during stages.

Reactions: RodMoe
Ok you guys have shamed me into buying a car seat. But when i went to try to strap the kid down in it i found out it was not a kid at all but a dwarf, and a mad one at that. it was a solid 10 min of wrestling with him before i figured out he was a dwarf(he was a fighter). And that was no popsicle stick hanging out of his mouth it was a cigar (no wonder the car was smelling like smoke). Come to think of it i do even have a kid.
What do you guys think, should i force him to ride in the car seat anyway?

Ok you guys have shamed me into buying a car seat. But when i went to try to strap the kid down in it i found out it was not a kid at all but a dwarf, and a mad one at that. it was a solid 10 min of wrestling with him before i figured out he was a dwarf(he was a fighter). And that was no popsicle stick hanging out of his mouth it was a cigar (no wonder the car was smelling like smoke). Come to think of it i do even have a kid.
What do you guys think, should i force him to ride in the car seat anyway?
Sarcasm meter has been properly calibrated. We now return to regular programming....

I'm on the verge of ordering an ST and I wanted to check in with those of you who have kids. The ST seems noticeably tighter on space in the rear than my Mazda 2. I have a 6 year old who will be in the car daily, and I'm a little concerned about room back there. It would be great to hear from any of you who have kids in the back regularly and whether you've found it problematic in terms of space. Thanks!

Mine is 2 not 6, so there may be differences, but I keep the car seat in the middle so that both of us up front can keep our seats wherever is comfortable without having our seat backs kicked for the whole drive. That makes it difficult to fit another adult in the back seat. I have gotten pretty proficient at disconnecting one of the seat latches and swinging the seat to the side if I am transporting 2 adults and 0 kids. I don't have any problems at all with the FiST for carting around the kid daily. The real test will be after the new year when we add a second to the mix. Fingers crossed.

anyone fit a rear facing infant seat with recaros? starting to look at ST's pretty seriously now. Closer dealer with an ST is 90 miles away, and they had two STs, both with standard seats.
You can put a rear facing seat in the back row as those seats are the same in all the ST's. That being said, you cannot put a rear-facing in a front seat Recaro. Information on how to secure the seats can be found in your Owner Guide, and your local fire department or police station can also give you a hands on demo.

Meagan

I put my twins in my ST with rear facing seats in the back.... I could barely drive, lol. #1 don't have twins. #2 if you do, don't buy a fist until the can use upright forward facing car seats, lol. Or... Teach your GF how to drive stick and drive her CX9 with the kids :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.