Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Haha awesome. Looks like your lil girl doesn't mind one bit :)

SpeedProtege, what car seat do you have? How's the fit? Do you have the seat all the way forward?
The baby seat is Graco snugride classic connect I'm 5'6 i did not have to adjust my seat at all. (Seat in center)
I did shop around for the smallest rear facing seat (testing store demo seats) found this one worked best.

Took the Graco Snugride Classic Connect Base and Carseat to the local ford dealership today to test out the fit in a fiesta and a focus. I'm 6'1, 32/34 inch inseam and it was a tight fit in standard seats. Thankfully i was in a comfortable seating position and the carseat fit, just barely. Any further back and we'd be resting the carseat on the back of the driver's seat. I think it's safe to say that the Recaro's would be ruled out in my situation, as being able to take a baby to daycare is a must for my next car.
The focus wasn't much bigger, I couldn't tell if I had the seat more forward by 1 click or not, but not much of a difference at all. Just an FYI for potential buyers like myself.

In case it's helpful here, my ST has been working very well as our family expanded! I have a Graco Snugride Click Connect (35 I think) in the back, passenger side for my baby (<1 mo old) daughter. This makes it easy to lift the whole seat in and out, and there's ample room for an adult (or stuff) behind me on the driver's side. Front seat space isn't what I'd call spacious, but my (5' 2") wife is fine with it. I think our little girl like the firm ride in the ST, as she'll always fall right asleep once we start moving. With the hatch floor in lower mode, we have had plenty of room for the three of us for day trips. Here's to the practical hot hatch!

In case it's helpful here, my ST has been working very well as our family expanded! I have a Graco Snugride Click Connect (35 I think) in the back, passenger side for my baby (<1 mo old) daughter. This makes it easy to lift the whole seat in and out, and there's ample room for an adult (or stuff) behind me on the driver's side. Front seat space isn't what I'd call spacious, but my (5' 2") wife is fine with it. I think our little girl like the firm ride in the ST, as she'll always fall right asleep once we start moving. With the hatch floor in lower mode, we have had plenty of room for the three of us for day trips. Here's to the practical hot hatch!

Congrats on the family addition!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.