BC Coilover Group Buy with Joe @ 2J Racing

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by McRib 1s Back, Dec 26, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Thank for the reassurance ribs. Cant wait to see your install.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Hey McRib can you help a lazy guy out You are running 225/50/16 right ? or have i got you confused with someone else ? Thanks

ronnie karlen likes this.
  4. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Not me! 225/45/16s -- see my Sparco thread for details. :)

RodMoe likes this.
  5. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

With the BCs I am hoping to give it a little evil-looking rake, so probably drop the front an inch or a little more, give it some street friendly camber, and drop the rear not as much.

6. Roadrunner362

Roadrunner362 New Member

I would like to get in on this but it would have to be at the group buy price. You would only need one more if I join in to hit the magic number?

RodMoe likes this.
  7. McRib 1s Back

That's right -- buy now and get your refund after the next buyer places their order! ;)

8. stuntdoogie

My coils has shipped :)
    My wife is already complaining about where am I gonna keep them till installment cause in her eyes we have no space in our apt lol...women!

spangenb likes this.
  9. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Mine shipped too :) Maybe I will mount them on the wall to look at til winter is over ;-)

10. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

All the orders have shipped! Took a while to get all the parts lined up, the correct rear springs (length, rate). At any rate, if anyone has any questions call the shop during your install.

1. REMEMBER TO SET THE VALVING TO FULL SOFT BEFORE INSTALLING, THEN GO +5 FRONT, +6 REAR
    2. REAR RUBBER ISOLATOR GOES ON TOP OF REAR SPRING
    3. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE OEM DAMPENER ON THE FRONT SHOCKS (ALUMINUM BOX). ITS NOT REQ

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe and all "STOCK" sets are the same

12. McRib 1s Back

Thanks for the tips! Also, I looked inside the "OEM dampener". I originally thought it was some kind of control box for the ABS/torque vectoring with carefully concealed wires! Under inspection it's obviously a mass dampener. I guess they had some kind of weird NVH issue at some point. More weight saved! ;)

13. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

My '12 Focus has the same sort of mass dampener on the front struts. Almost seems like standard procedure for Ford now.

14. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Yay toys! Boo winter (the view out my office window)
    uploadfromtaptalk1391445399943.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391445416537.jpg

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Sweet looks about like mine and it looks about like my back yard view too ... flippen winter eh ..

16. stuntdoogie

So who will be the first to install of the GBuyers?

17. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Likely not me LOL. I have to wait till the weather is miata friendly so I can have the ST off the road for more than a weekend.

18. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Dude thats a super easy install since the fronts have top mounts on them already. No spring compressor needed, just undo three nuts up top, two bolts on bottom and out.

The rear was a 10mm up top (two nuts) then the bottom bolt.

Two hours even in your garage. Then off to the alignment shop.

19. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Thanks mosh. I was going to watch that install video posted by Joe@2J also. Encouraging to know it's that easy. I also want to work up some better weather/grit proofing for these units ... or am I just being anal?? Seems to me that driving a setup like this with snow and road salt is just asking for problems when you go to adjust things. Hate for these pretty things to get all crusty.

Since there's no adjustment in the rear, I should be able to get it aligned in my driveway pretty easily with old school strings and tape measures :) I will probably do that anyway and then maybe have the shop confirm my settings.

20. stuntdoogie

I wish I had a place to install my own coils instead of paying someone to do it :(

21. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Oh you have to undo the end links on the swaybar too from where they attatch to the strut. (one bolt each side on the front) then just make sure your ABS sensor wire is out of the way.
    Its a pretty easy job though. Just unbolt the old parts and bolt the new ones on.