BC Coilovers - Install

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Oct 25, 2013.

1. MonsterST

MonsterST Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Glad to help though I think in a different thread Joe went on to note the weight is only a little less than stock 17 inch wheels here post #9 but they doo look good...

ronnie karlen likes this.
  4. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

I have a question about camber adjustment.

My coilovers arrived today and I had a question about camber adjustment. I know Joe said they were slotted. Does that mean at the top or the bottom? Just curious incase the place that does my alignment asks questions.

Thanks.

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

IF I recall the Top is slotted let me go look quick

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes top hole on the front struts are slotted for adjustment ..

7. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

Thanks. I'll look at them more closely tonight. I assume it's the 4 hex head bolts that are loosened to make the adjustment?

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

IF by 4 you mean 4 total on the car yes but it is two per side on the bolts that attach to the knuckle on the front hub area

9. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

I meant the 4 Allen bolts at the top plate.

10. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Was an M...installed yet?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I'll have to look when I get home in the morning I did not think these came with a camber plate adjustment only room for the 3 mounting bolts on the tops ..

12. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

No. I'm gonna wait till the porter field pads come and do everything at once.

13. stuntdoogie

Ughh...ok you may lol

14. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

You just mean the slots in the chassis of the car? That's easy enough. I'm just surprised that those can get you -2.8deg given that the stock suspension can't get anywhere close to that.

15. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

I have changed and been running -2.2 deg on street and having experienced any ill effects (less braking ability, etc)

16. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Any chance of making a set of these that are SCCA Solo legal? In other words with dimentions that are basically the same as stock including non-slotted fronts? I think there’d be a ready market for something like this as no one currently makes stock-replacement performance shocks for the car.

17. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

No. The camber is adjusted by loosening the two large bolts that attach the strut to the hub/knuckle and tilting the hub/wheel assembly in or out in relation to the strut. The upper strut/knuckle attaching hole is slotted. The strut top is not adjustable at all due to lack of space.

18. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Alan that would be great for you Stock/Street guys. I have been driving on the BCs for a week now on the pitted and pocked PA post-winter roads and the ride is dare I say "perfect". Reminds me of my '08 Mustang on Koni yellows. Just the right amount of spring and damping.

19. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Oh ... and this is set on 6 out of 30 clicks.

20. stuntdoogie

Spangenb if your trying to get me excited about installing mine, its working. Sometimes I need reassurance and alittle continuous praise of a product helps :)

spangenb likes this.
  21. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

;) Like I said in the other thread, I am hard to impress. These units are impressing me. My only question mark is durability and Joe seems to have great experiences on that front with his Nissans.