BC Coilovers - Install

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Oct 25, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

But does Joe go through salty cold winter with his?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I am sure not, but I am treating "durability on road and track" and "resistance to corrosion" as two different things. Joe seems to have proven the durability part. The 4-season longevity is yet to be determined, but I hope to take some extra steps to help that like some fluid film spray and probably finding a way to seal/cover the rear shock adjusters for winter.

4. stuntdoogie

FOund this on the BC website...http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers

Corrosion protection:
    The damper units are black chromed steel to give superb durability even through the darkest of European winters. The aluminium components (top mounts, locking collars etc) are anodised and the steel lower mounts go through an electrophoretic disposition process followed by powder coating. A random selection of steel components (brackets, dampers, screws etc) are put through a salt spray test once a month to check the quality of the protective processes and that anti corrosive properties are kept at the highest possible standard.

RodMoe and spangenb like this.
  5. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Great find! That sounds promising :)

6. stuntdoogie

For guys who have installed their BC's have you double checked shock tower nuts to.make sure they are still tight after some miles put down?

Also Joe do you have any experience with swift springs and Koyo bearings upgrade? Apparently people on other car forums are going this route to better these coils performance.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    RodMoe likes this.
  7. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

Interesting, I've never heard of the shock tower nuts getting loose. Is this a FiST thing or a general thing? I never had an issue with my tracked M3. If it does come up then a little blue loktite is probably the answer.

As for the swift springs and koyo bearings I'd be interested to hear more. Swift makes good stuff.

8. stuntdoogie

Getting my coils installed :)
    uploadfromtaptalk1396992189669.jpg

RodMoe and spangenb like this.
  9. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

What kind of settings are you going to go for?

10. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Anxious to hear your impressions :)

11. stuntdoogie

I frigging love them! No more bounce, dont feel every pebble or crack on the street like the stockies. Im set on 5/5 from soft damper, 1 1/4" F and 1" R drop. Takes bumps like a cadillac. But on hwy speeds it feels floaty like a cadillac lol so might go a few clicks hard in the front. My camber is maxed out negative right now, taking ot to a recommended wheel alignment shop tomorrow by my installer Audiphile.

uploadfromtaptalk1397002092280.jpg

12. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Awesome :) I agree that above 70 mph the soft setting starts to get floaty. Of course the good news is we can just dial it up!

stuntdoogie likes this.
  13. stuntdoogie

I went 6 soft and think like it.

RodMoe likes this.
  14. stuntdoogie

Drove about 30miles on these coils and sofar no regrets. This is how I wanted my car to feel from get go. I can believe how crappy the car felt stock compared to these coils. Im riding on stock wheels and tires and the cement uneven roads that used to rattle my brain I hardly feel now. Instead of the whole car being the suspension these coils do all the work and feels like they glide right over it.
    Hope I made a sense there.

spangenb and RodMoe like this.
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So Happy for you Stunty :) now I can put mine on LOL

16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

What did the Set the Front end up to ?? Camber and Toe ??

17. stuntdoogie

Getting aligntment tomorrow.

RodMoe likes this.
  18. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

What spring rates did you go with?

19. stuntdoogie

The recommended 6k/4k

20. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

Thanks. I hope that when they are cranked to full-stiff they aren't floaty like a Cadillac. That, to me, is the last thing I want from my car.

21. stuntdoogie

Well from what ive read full stiff is really stiff. I dont race...yet and dont live in a city with flat smooth roads so I'll be riding soft for a while. Maybe Colin, Joe and other that have tried full still can help you out there.