BC Coilovers - Install

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Oct 25, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Conrad Grunewald attended the Camaro 5 fest 2011 with his 2010 Hankook Drift Camaro equipped with Custom BC racing Coilovers. Conrad who's car is setup for drift with Hankook Ventus RS3 street tires was able to capture 2nd place in the Super Modified class competing against cars equipped with Hoosier race tires.

joe@2j-racing and spangenb like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

4. joe@2j-racing

Stiff is really stiff.. So you can dial it up to 10 clicks on the street. I love how these ride. I'm really happy with the rates I chose!

stuntdoogie likes this.
  5. stuntdoogie

Im 8 clicks from soft front and rear and feels much better. Had the preload up front tightened up a little because it felt like it lost some turn in response and the front end felt heavy. The car feels great in a straight line but needs more tweeking for cornering cause im experienceing a bit of understeer in cornering speeds in areas where my car with the stockies handled with ease.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

6. joe@2j-racing

What are your alignment specs?

7. stuntdoogie

Stock specs

8. joe@2j-racing

Run at least -1.5 camber, 1/8" toe in, and then stiffen the rear to get more front bite

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So Joe would you say go FULL hard for the AutoX stuff and track days ? that one adjuster on drivers side front is a hoot to get to if you have meaty hands :) lol

10. joe@2j-racing

I run on 22 front, 25 rear at the track. I havent had the need to go full stiff

RodMoe likes this.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So many way this could go sideways LOL but will keep it on track and make a note of the settings ..
    Also do you have a easy way to get to the drivers side Front knob for adjustments ??

12. stuntdoogie

Just wanna say again I love the comfort of these coils at my settings. No more rattled brain. Feels like im driving a FoST now with the aofter settings lol. My FiST is now a plessure to drive in NYC. From fender to ground all around it sits at 23 1/2" but i think im gonna lower the front a 1/4 more for a forward rake look.
    [​IMG]

RodMoe, Firesail and spangenb like this.
  13. stuntdoogie

Whats the proper way of raising the height on the rears? I wanna raise the rear about 1/4" -1/2". Im doing this myself with just a jack unfortunately.

14. stuntdoogie

Anyone?

15. frismanis

frismanis Member

Done. Did it in my garage this morning. Still need to adjust ride height and get alignment done. Pretty simple. Could have used a helper, but was manageable as a solo project.

16. joe@2j-racing

Looks great!!

Your height is about the same as mine

WP_20140413_21_58_26_Pro.jpg

graynicolas11 and quiznos like this.
  17. stuntdoogie

I dont like green except yours Joe :)

18. quiznos

quiznos Member

Hey Joe, got anything that I could use to raise my ride height a bit. Trying to figure out the best way to cram some rally tires in there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

19. joe@2j-racing

Yes i can make a rally set of coilovers. Just tell me the clearance you require

20. quiznos

quiznos Member

Adjustable height from 24 to 26 would be best. Might be too big a range, but 615mm plus "bump clearance"

Generally this is done by screwing with the body and lowering the suspension, but I can't do a whole lot of body work yet. $$$ is short atm, damn taxes, but once it's avail it'll be in your pocket.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

(from the Old Farts thread)
    I moved this to a more correct thread.

I did not even know there were two types of rear springs.
    Mine are the barrel type.
    What is the difference?

Dave