BC ST owners/prospective owners

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by Mayhem, Sep 8, 2013.

1. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

Thanks. Can't wait to call it all mine! ;)

Yes, it certainly seems to be a very exclusive club. Kind of cool, but it'd be nice to see some on the road to eventually have better support to keep the model in production into the future. I know there are one or two on Vancouver dealership lots, but not very many at all.

As I was saying in another thread, I don't see a whole lot of the new regular Fiesta's on the road either. Just a bunch if Honda Fits, Toyota Yaris's, Sonics (why own that I'll never understand), etc
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Finally caught a glimpse of the Molten Orange one in Prince George crossing an intersection I was stopped at. Have yet to see marc89gti's Performance Blue one yet... I'm actually glad there are at least 3 in our small city so far. Good to have people who can relate with how great a car this thing is.
  4. TWDM

TWDM Member

Someone already traded in their race red fiesta st in Vancouver...
  5. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I suspect there will be at least a fourth FiST driving around Prince George in the spring time. When I bought my PB FiST the dealer ordered an exact same car from the factory, that was late October.
  6. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

Yeah. Read that on Craigslist. Traded it in for an M3 I think.
  7. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah that red one I think was traded in already back in October. That was quick.
    I remember reading something in the ad about what the owner allegedly traded in for, but couldn't remember what.

If it was an M3... Well, not a bad car to be wheeling around in. Not my cup. But they're nice.

Anyway, can't expect everyone to be equally as happy with the same car...

But I'm lovin the ST.
  8. TWDM

TWDM Member

If anyone in the Vancouver area wants my mountune short shift kit, let me know. Gave up on trying to install it. Looking for $200 back.
  9. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

Picked up the FiST yesterday. Nice to finally drive a stick again!! Still haven't seen another on the road yet.

So much for bargaining power from the buyer's standpoint. Lol. But didn't really want to wait another year to switch vehicles.
  10. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Congrats ! Yeah, I haven't seen another one on the road yet.

Bargaining with local dealers isn't easy... Most of our local dealers are pretty brutal.

And the moment they smell that you "want" a vehicle bad enough.. You're toast. lol
  11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Been curious if temps/fuel are effecting MPG at all out here. Or if I am just doing that much worse than other people?

What are you local guys getting for efficiency & which octane are you using?

I am down to 11.3 L/100km alternating between 60/40 and 50/50 City/HWY.
    That works out to only roughly 20.8 MPG. Based on roughly 1100KM on the odo.. using only 91 octane. (Well below the Ford.ca advertised ratings). I realize this will still improve during the next few thousand KM's so I'm not freaking out. But I am curious.

I get 11.3 doing the math on paper, or just going by the odometer. So from what I can tell the odo is quite accurate.

With the number of people posting 30+ MPG... getting 7-8L/100km.... Has me wondering if I just got another thirsty car? (Either way, infinitely better than my truck.... but not quite what I had anticipated (yet) - - .)

I am still in the breakin period technically but... most people are posting far better mileage and have been since day 1 of picking up their car.. (also during breakin).
  12. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Wow your getting really bad mileage or you have a really heavy foot. I got my FiST at the end of October and the first tank of gas I got about 9.9 l/100km. I'm certain the dealer filled it up with 87 octane gas. After that I have been filling up with 91 Costco fuel. Mileage from that point dropped to about 7.8 l/100km and has been very consistent since November. I have about 3500 km on the car now. Most of my driving is 60/40 highway/city. Definitely do my share of jack rabbit starting. Since Costco came to Prince George gas is around $1.10/L for regular gas. My most recent tank of gas I decided to splurge a bit and filled up with 91 at Petro Canada, I'm about 1/2 into the tank of gas and the trip computer is showing 7.2 l/100km. I have never done the calc manually only from reading the trip computer. My car gets garaged at night time so that might help a bit with heating up quicker in the morning.
  13. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I get 9.9L/100km, that's with 91 octane, and parking it outside (it idles and warms up for a few minutes most engine starts). 4100km driven.

I reset the MPG and avg speed trackers every fillup, and my problem I think is that I only average about 34km/h for the whole tank.

My commute is very short, and about 35% of the duration of my commute is sitting at two traffic lights.

When I get out on the stretches of highway in my city, I get about 8L/100km. My road trip to Kelowna with a passenger and luggage was 7.8L/100km for about 1450km.
  14. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

Just finished my first tank of gas. According to the odometer, I averaged 11.3 L/100 km. after taking it home from the dealership it was about 20 L/100km and had been steadily falling since. Hopefully that number keeps dropping now that the trip is reset.
  15. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

When I drive around town and going 60km/hr or faster I'm usually in 6th gear which I'm sure helps with fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

That's more like what I was expecting to be getting. Not bad !

Actually I didn't really think about that when considering the temperatures.... I keep mine garaged every day too if it's not in use. Don't require warm ups in the mornings because the garage is warm enough. Temperature is semi linked to my room so the car probably sleeps almost as snug as I do.
  17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, mine was reading 21L/100km when I brought it home. I never reset.. It's been hovering around 11.3 for about 500km since reaching that point.
    I haven't reset, but manual calculations match 11.3. Hopefully closer to marc89gti's #'s sooner than later! lol Then again, I'm only at about 1/3rd your KM's so far.

I seem to always have that luck with the vehicles I buy though.. Generally I get worse #s than most people seem to post about on forums. And always worse than advertised ratings.

But my current 11.3 is only barely better than my 2010 Camaro with the v8... which I was getting 13L/100km.

As for cruising in 6th. I do the same whenever possible. But TBH traffic is generally so bad when/where I drive that it's not possible very often without lugging, which I avoid.
  18. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Roughly 3800 Km's on my car. and I'm getting 7.8L/ 100 km. No complaints really :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  19. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Got about 4500km now, mileage is improving to about 7.2L/100 km. Back to Costco gas seems to be better than before the motor is loosening up more. 60/40 highway/city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

what's your guys avg speed according to the readout? I get the feeling rush hour two ways every day isn't doing me any justice.
  21. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I think my last tank was about 50km/hr, my drive to work mostly downhill and of the other way is up hill but only have to usually stop at 1 light over 16km drive to work. Stop and go grid lock definetily not going to help you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk