Best low beam H11 replacement?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by ST_Rocky, Aug 27, 2014.

1. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

What is the best (brightest, and longest sight distance) brand replacement for the H11 low beams on our FiST? I currently trying out some Sylvania Ultras, but not greatly impressed, not sure if I am truly seeing much of a difference? I have seen some decent prices on PIAA bulbs online. Are the PIAA worth the extra cost? And what about those Sylvania ZXE bulbs? Are they good? Or just for the blue ricer look?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jproy12

jproy12 Member

I just picked up 2 sets of. H11 PIAA, the Night-Tech and Xtreme White, I'll try to do a comparison between them all, and the stock bulbs.
  4. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I had a coupon for using eBay mobile and used it to pick up a set of ZXE bulbs for around $20, I figure it would be worth a shot. I had done the H9 conversion on my 2011 Fiesta, along with HIR high beams and the results were great. The ST seems like the headlights are a pair of candles in comparison. I am very interested in seeing how the H11 PIAA's do.
    jproy12 likes this.
  5. jproy12

jproy12 Member

Yea, as much as I wanted to do the H9/HIR upgrade, I wanted to stick to the OEM bulbs as much as possible.

I don't own a FiST, I've got the SE, but eitherway had joined both fiestafaction and this forum for more information before buying the car, and I'm using both as sources for mods/questions/parts!

I received my Xtreme White's last night, and haven't had the chance to put them in my car yet, nor the Night-Tech, I'll try to do a comparison between the following:
    Osram H11 Cool Blue from The Retrofit Source
    PIAA H11 Night-Tech
    PIAA H11 Xtreme White

Hopefully I can do the comparison this upcoming long weekend.
  6. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Definitely want to know these results. Wish you could also try the Ultras like I have now, along with the ZXE too.
  7. jproy12

jproy12 Member

Ship them out to me and I'll compare them! They sell the zXe at my local Canadian Tire, but not willing to spend more on lighting at the moment :p

I've tried searching for this kind of comparison, and didn't find much for the Fiesta...

The Ultra you are talking about are the Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra?
  8. EcoBeast

EcoBeast Member

Here are the hi/lo and fog lights I installed.

The ZXE's have a blue tint on the bulb but the light is white and noticeably brighter and whiter than stock. No one will confuse it with HID's but it is a very good upgrade for the price.
  9. jproy12

jproy12 Member

Do you have any pictures of the output?

I'll be doing the install this evening and hopefully take pictures of everything.
  10. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Yes, the Crystalvision Ultras
    jproy12 likes this.