Bilstein struts...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by ted lorendo, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

I live in San Diego and have a friend who works for Bilstein. One of their headquarters is in poway CA. Anyways, he has offered to test fit some prototype struts on my Forester XT. We got to talking and long story story short, he will be giving me a ring to bring down the ST for some new prototype fittings. I'll be giving you all a heads up when this happens. To answer your questions, yes Bilstein is coming out with some goodies.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. koozy

koozy Active Member

Awesome.

ted lorendo likes this.
  4. eRic

eRic Active Member

Bavarian likes this.
  5. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

6. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Bavarian likes this.
  7. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Because I'd like to keep my standard ride height but improve ride quality and bump tracking I'm very interested in this. Please keep us informed.

ted lorendo likes this.
  8. tworeins

tworeins New Member

Is there any shock dyno data, particularly relative to stock (ST)?

ted lorendo likes this.
  9. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

I will be meeting with a rep this next weekend to discuss the struts an get specs

Pedro likes this.
  10. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Bump for any info? :)

11. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

My forester XT is at bilstein rich now. Next up is the fiesta st. I'll post it soon.

MOFiST likes this.
  12. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Someone on their Facebook account confirmed they'd be offering their Sport shocks/struts for the FiST. Coming from Euro cars, I have always used Bilsteins, they're incredible and I can't wait to get rid of that skipping bouncing feeling that the stock units give me.

13. Pedro

Pedro Active Member

bump for info :)

14. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Met with him. Being fitted! Will be released within 3-4 months. Debating whether or not to go full coil over or struts.

Bavarian and Pedro like this.
  15. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

And of course this fell right in between my stage 3 install. Oh well, win win

Pedro likes this.
  16. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Good news! My money is being set aside. So are they being fitted to your car? Love to hear any feedback on ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Pedro

Pedro Active Member

Bump. Any updates on how the car feels with the new struts?

MOFiST likes this.
  18. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

I'd love this mod for the new year. Still hoping Bilstein makes this happen.

19. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Sorry for the delay, I've been talking /visiting with bilstein. Struts were installed. Fitment issues being worked on. We are trying their euro spec coilovers on next month. Hopefully they fit. Looking forward to full coilovers.

Pedro and BlackBird like this.
  20. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Keep us posted. :)

21. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

You may want to check out Razorlab's build thread > http://fiestast.net/threads/2014-ford-fiesta-st-project.1578/page-4#post-28382
    I was considering these however the minimum drop is too much for me.
    Hence I was hoping for these struts as an option.