Bilstein struts...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by ted lorendo, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Alright here we go...

My friend who works for Bilstein hooked it up. They ended up fitting the PSS B14 monotype coiliver on my car. He had the Bilstein engineers fit the coil over to perfection. As it sits now, the front is one inch lower and the rear is 3/4 inch lower.

The Ride: first off...wow. right away the car hooks more. The stock suspension is good but has a twin tube tube design meaning it cant react to the raod as well as a monotube. The B14 is a monotube design. Bilstein prides themselves off the mono tube. This coilover keeps the tires/car planted on the road. I'm seeing a whole lot more traction. For example, second gear wot in a 90 degree turn, I used to fight the front tires for control, now the grip is there and it points and goes. I'm extremely impressed with the outcome. For the price it's a no brainer. Bilstein is I'm my opinion the best. It's proven. Look at the awards.

Anyways, it may sound like I'm trying to sell you on the B14. I don't need to. They sell themselves. If you live in southern cali and want to test them out, I'm always down for a meet.

driving it home in cruise mode was the best. My wife complained about how "bumpy" my car felt. After riding in the new setup, she's a lot happier. Two birds with one stone. The ride is a lot smoother.

Again sorry for the delay.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Hope they come out with standard sport struts and shocks.

A bunch of us have been running the coilovers for a while now. You have to run the fronts on the highest height setting or the drop is REALLY low.

timboslice likes this.
  4. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

So when are they supposed to be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOFiST likes this.
  5. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Struts are still in r and d. So far just coilover is all they have as of now.

MOFiST likes this.
  6. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

Are the coilovers that are fitted on your car the same coilovers that are available for the regular Fiesta, or are they a new FiST specific coilover?

7. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

I believe they are one in the same

8. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

Here is the new part number for the Bilstein B14 Fiesta ST specific coilovers: 47-242043. Its a different part number than the regular Fiesta coilovers and is actually $140 more for some reason.

9. Chris G

Chris G Member

Eric - do you have these one your car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

Not yet, but I plan on getting them eventually. First I need some 15x8 wheels haha.

11. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

I'm curious is the part number you've listed the same as the part that's been available for a while or new?

12. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

The number i listed is a new ST specific part number

MOFiST likes this.
  13. who sells those coilovers? Ive been searching

14. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Yes any links and or info would be welcome. Google gave me German sites. I hope they make these with a more modest minimum drop as the b14's razorlab used are unsuitable for my needs.

15. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

They are in "coming soon/back ordered" status. Maybe still in production, I assume. However, any Bilstein dealer can order them once available.

Just FYI on these new coilovers : Front Lowering Range: 10-25mm
    Rear Lowering Range: 5-25mm

16. do you lower the height by twisting the coilover body/shaft not by the springs?

17. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

Oh yeah! These are gonna be mine. B)

18. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

[​IMG]
    Part Number: 47-242043

Series: B14 (PSS)
    Position: Front and Rear
    Descriptor: Front Lowered Height: 25-40mm, up to 850kg Axle Load
    Descriptor: Rear Lowered Height: 20-40mm, up to 765kg Axle Load
    Quantity Per Vehicle: 1

Finish: Dampers: Zinc/Springs: Blue

from bilstein us site

19. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

20. boost rooster

boost rooster New Member

Would we need any sort of camber adjustment for this kind of drop? Im so tempted to buy a set, I just need to talk myself into it :)

21. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

Nothing a set of camber bolts can't handle?