Broke my Cobb Knob in two...

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by djdennehy, May 3, 2014.

1. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

So the other weekend I managed to break my Cobb knob in half during autocross. The ball of the shifter completely came off from the base connected to the car, which was fun on a fast lap. Wondering if anyone else had a similar problem or if I am the only lucky one...
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Post a pic or two I can't imagine how it broke in two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

It has already met its new home in the trash
  5. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Only way to describe it, the ball came off in my hand
  6. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Weird because the thread goes all the way to the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Holy Fly maybe they(COBB) would want to look at it to see it you had a bad knob or if they have a fault with the design either was give them a heads up so they can address it .. hehe I said bad knob... I bet COBB take care of you though they seem pretty cool about stuff...
    djdennehy likes this.
  8. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

I am sure COBB will replace it no cost so perhaps you should of kept it. You weren't pulling on your knob too hard?
    djdennehy and RodMoe like this.
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

That's too bad.
    I would have bought it from you.

10. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

It was a brash decision...
    RodMoe likes this.
  11. Drifter

Drifter Member

That just sounds wrong!!! :nailbiting:
    Firesail likes this.
  12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Maybe you could elaborate on how it came apart?
    Does the delrin just unscrew from the aluminum base?
    I ask only because I wish to take one apart and I am trying NOT to actually break it.

13. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Just ordered myself a Cobb knob. I do not plan on abusing my knob
    djdennehy, RodMoe and Firesail like this.
  14. wash

wash Active Member

A few months ago while pulling my knob, I noticed an itching sensation. Upon closer investigation I found a spot.

The irritation continued, I started scratching it. What was once a spot became an open wound.

I know I shouldn't touch or play with my knob in that state but I can't help it.

Now when I show a girl my knob they ask what happened to it and then they don't want to kiss me.

I try to tell them it won't be an issue after a little plasti-dip but I don't think they believe me.

Some times I think about what life would be like with a different knob, maybe a big black knob but a big white knob would work too.

I bet a black knob doesn't look so bad when its dirty.

Some people want a blue knob or an orange knob but those look too much like a toy to me.
    djdennehy likes this.
  15. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I really like my Molten Orange Plastidipped knob! Some said it would wear off and others said would get dirty, but so far it has been good to me. I do play with it alot!
  16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

djdennehy and Firesail like this.
  17. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

I actually just ordered a Cobb knob base from Aaron at Cobb for a little project of mine. I'm going to hopefully inject a little Porsche race car flavor into my FiST.
  18. limbo

limbo Active Member

I'm not surprised to hear this after reading in another thread that the Cobb knob is lighter than stock.

Agreed with others you should have kept the knob and I'm sure you'd have a refund.
  19. COBB

COBB Active Member

Oh wow, I've never heard of that happening before! If you can dig the knob out of the trash, please email us so we can send a new one out and get the old one back here for investigation.

20. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I was at the track and upset so it found a home in a public trash bin. I have had Cobb Knobs before, never had that happen with them, sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to hold into it.
  21. COBB

COBB Active Member

Yeah, I can understand the frustration! Email me direct (and an invoice if you didn't buy it direct) and I'll see what we can do for you.

moff3tt likes this.