Bronze Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 w/ST-XTA

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by kamakazee, Oct 31, 2014.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Is it possible to take pics of what exactly he shaved from the plastic liner? Im having rubbing issues with my 16x7 et40 and 205/50/16 lowered with 1 finger gap. I shaved the bolt area that connects the fender and bumper as far as i could but didnt help much. I hate wheel gap and refuse to raise it lol. Had to add about 10mm extra preload but that threw off my turn in/handling.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

At this point, I realized that lowering springs for oem wheels or aftermarket wheels that are similar to oem specs are not a cause for concern. Anything taller and/or wider will most definitely benefit with the adjustability of coilovers and modifying of fenders/fender wells. I actually have 215/40 tires which is a happy medium between 215/35 and 225/40.

PCA-1 likes this.
  4. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Here are a few pics of what was done. I apologize for the insufficient garage lighting. The trim was cut 2' deep and almost 12 inches long. Even with that done, adjusting the ride height to accommodate the wheel/tire size is critical. Driving normal no longer reveals any rubbing but I have yet to push it hard so we will see when I get that chance.
    trim1.jpg trim2.jpg trim3.jpg trim4.jpg

5. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Thanks for taking pics.

6. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Anytime man! I just don't understand why the wheel wells are so freaking tight compared to other cars in its class. Oh well... the joy of modifying cars :)