Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Mayhem, May 11, 2014.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Constantly finding Spiders in my ST.. Pretty annoying..

Anyway, it seems like every other day I'm evicting em. Tend to always find them in the windshield/dash area.. Usually hanging down in front of my face while I'm driving.

And bee's seem to be drawn to the paint like craaazy.

Hate bugs.

Anyway, don't recall having a problem with previous vehicles.. For whatever reason my FiST is a bug magnet.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I seem to recall a thread about the same problem with green Fiestas when they first came out a few years ago. I learned to never leave a window open when parked.
  4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I had problems with my green '11 Fiesta.
    Also with yellow cars I have owned.

5. JustinP

JustinP Member

I had a spirited green Mazda2, and it was a spider magnet. Never to the point of infestation, but spiders seemed to love it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  6. wash

wash Active Member

Don't park with your nose in any bushes or under trees if you can help it.

I know of a car that got ants from a bush...
  7. bryramos

bryramos Member

Spiders seem to like my drivers side mirror. Not as bad as the previous Candy Red Fiesta SE though. That one I would find spider web every week even after I've evicted the sucker.
  8. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

The Fiesta ST. Where all the Cool Insects hang out.
    Plus they might just be Female insects :)
    thekilowattkid likes this.
  9. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Get TEMPO!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  10. Etyrnus

Etyrnus New Member

I used to get praying mantises guarding my cobalt ss, it was the rally yellow. the brighter colors definitely seem to attract them, glad I went with silver this time...
  11. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

I'm not supposed to say this, in fact Meagan may send her hit squad to my house... But It's widely known in Dearborn that ST actually stands for "Spider Trap".

Oh no... I hear somebody coming. Tell my car I loved her!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Baked Potato technology.
    Sil3nt611 likes this.
  12. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

What was that? I heard my name...
    Fun fact: I'm not in Dearborn.

FORDTOUGH Member

Don't park your car under street lights hot humid summer nights will bring the bugs to the lights. I live in town and have the same problem.
  14. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Oh god the Fishflys/Mayflys, live right next to where they hatch. Parking next to lights is a death sentence.
  15. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

My yellow fiesta was problematic with that as well. While I was trading it in, it seemed that a group of wasps took a liking to it. I promptly burned the dealership down to make sure they didn't get away. Ok not really, but I do not like flying bugs very much.

FORDTOUGH Member

I've noticed bugs seem to gravitate to the race red color which I have no idea why.