Caliper bolt torque

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by MLKN, Oct 18, 2014.

1. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I'm changing my pads tomorrow and wondering if anyone has the caliper bolt torque settings. Thanks.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Anchor bolts (large ones) Tq 70 Nm
    [​IMG]
    Caliper Bolts And Brake Line bolt Tq 26 Nm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ylli and MLKN like this.
  4. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

5. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I'm an idiot because I torqued the caliper bolt to 70 instead of 26 and broke one. Good thing Napa was still open. Also, just a tip, the caliper piston cannot easily be compressed with the caliper lifted all the way up because it kinks the brake line. Do it with it partially down.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Wow glad it worked out for ya :)

7. ryst

ryst Active Member

Rod where do you get those snazzy 3D drawings of our car?

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Helms Manual on CD rather spendy but it has paid for itself at least once ..

9. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

those pics actually like they are from the ford service manual. I bought a cd off of eBay several months back. Cost me about...$50 I think. The only annoying thing is that it is only valid up until match or April of this year, so if i want to use it then I have to change my clock on my laptop which is easy to do.

10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yup I am betting it is a Helms Manual that someone hacked or copied and boot legged

11. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

... I'll have to check it. I don't recall any indication in the software of "Helms." Heck, I can even look up every single 2014 Ford vehicle if I wanted to.

12. gtkat929

gtkat929 New Member

Does the banjo bolt have a torque?