Camber Bolts

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by Smokin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

watching this

4. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Ditto

5. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

The H&R ones claim 0-3'

Both of those *should* fit the ST

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

If I read this correct it is not looking good for camber adjustment unless there has been a update

7. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I think they mean aftermarket only camber bolts. If camber bolts are offered by the OEM, then they are legal. Does Ford offer them?

13.8 - E

If offered by the manufacturer for a particular model and year, the use of shims, special bolts, removal of material to enlarge mounting holes, and similar methods are allowed and the resulting alignment settings are permitted even if outside the normal specification or...

Smokin likes this.
  8. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

From what we know, the parts work in the Fiesta ST.

9. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Can we get this cleared up definitively, please? I just spent some time on the phone today with your team, and was told no-go.

Maybe it was questionable early on? I need some too, and I'll drive over on Friday if they do indeed work! :)

10. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

They are not in the Ford parts catalog

11. FSWERKS-TECH

FSWERKS-TECH New Member

Yes these fit the (front) suspension on the Fiesta ST, they allow approximately 1 degree of camber adjustment for both negative and positive. For autocross depending on the tire being used we'd recommend negative 2.5-3.0 degrees of camber. You can purchase two sets and do both bottom and top to allow even greater adjustment.

Thanks,
    Vik

12. McRib 1s Back

Thank you for that. Just to be completely clear, are you aware that someone on your team, as recently as yesterday is still confused on this point? I would have ordered them then had I gotten this confirmation.

Getting -2.5 to -3.0 deg negative cambers would be great!

If two sets are available, I'll drive down and get them tomorrow morning.

13. FSWERKS-TECH

FSWERKS-TECH New Member

Yes I think they were thinking (Focus ST) and not Fiesta ST, that was the confusion.

*I have 4 sets of the SPC brand and 1 set of the H&R brand in stock currently.

Thanks,
    Vik

14. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

We are aware. Someone called who owned a Focus ST ended up asking about a Fiesta ST parts or vice versa and it was not clear what was being asked.

15. McRib 1s Back

Hey, that was probably me. I don't recall saying I had a Focus ST, but might have! Either way, I'm happy to own part of the confusion on this one. ;)

Anyhow, I'll jam down and pick up a set. I guess that's *two* sets to achieve the results I want. I don't have a brand preference either, so it looks like it will be SPC.

I'll call and get this lined up. Thanks for jumping in and getting this cleared up for us!

16. McRib 1s Back

...I just bought two sets (four bolts) of the SPC variety. I'll know how these work out by noon or so (when I have my alignment done!). I grabbed two sets to see if -3 deg is possible. Vik said that their experience was that a single bolt could get you -1 or so, and speculated that we should see close to -3 with both. I'm aware that the H&R kit claims more, but this felt like a safer bet.

17. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Stock set-up is -1.2 so an additional 1.0 will get you close to 2.+
    And don't go hogging them all..............

18. McRib 1s Back

-2.8 and 1/8" toe out...

Car feels great! Oh yeah, I have an extra set of bolts if anyone needs them. I only used two in the top position. Want 'em?

19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I am glad things worked out.
    I will take the other set of bolts off your hands.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

20. McRib 1s Back

Okay all yours!

These are very high quality hardened bolts - 10.9. I think the OEM ones are 8.8s. Good thing since I'm effectively running 10mm bolts there now!

21. eRic

eRic Active Member

There's nothing in the Fiesta workshop manual about crash bolts so they would not be legal for Solo in the Stock|Street category. You can just loosen and push on front struts and see how much negative camber and positive caster you get from that.