Camber Bolts

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by Smokin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. FSWerks1

FSWerks1 Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

I would recommend adjusting the left side to -1.8 negative and leave the right at -1.65 ( 2 tenth of a degree difference or less is okay). This should work well for you.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

I'm going to track it tomorrow. Thankfully this road course has lots of right hand turns :)
    I'll report back!
  4. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Such a small difference isn't a big deal, I agree. That's also very reasonable for a DD car.

if you're going for a max negative camber goal of say -2, those results make me feel like your alignment guy just didn't try very hard. Every car is different, but by loosening other bolts and coaxing movement, you have more (I did that and got way more). My brand of OCD doesn't allow such differences. :)
    iLiptiKal and Mr UFO like this.
  5. Sena Pratama

Sena Pratama New Member

I'd say I lucked in with 1 set of SPC camber bolts, managed to get -2.9 deg on both side, had to back down one side to even out the camber too.
    The trick is to compress the suspension while you're adjusting and tightening the bolts.
    I did this by jacking up the car and then lowering the car again with another jack supporting the lower control arm till the weight compresses the strut significantly. This will naturally max out the camber as you play with the bolts.
    Mr UFO likes this.
  6. McRib 1s Back

Yep! I managed -3 that way, too. Rocking -4 now on my coilovers and believe I'm good for now. ;)
  7. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Yep! Need camber plates for sure.
    Rib-are those coils on the market yet?
  8. McRib 1s Back

Nope, but they're getting close! :)
  9. speciosusnex

speciosusnex New Member

Anyone who installed these get no camber difference at all?
  10. McRib 1s Back

We're effectively working with play in the system -- if you didn't measure before, and arrived at a place with less than you expected afterward, it's totally possible. I banged on parts to make sure I was maxed out. If you do that too, you'll be good.
  11. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

Having never used camber bolts before, how reliable are they? How often do you have to check your alignment? Best 20-50 bucks spent for more camber? Should I even bother and just save for coilovers?

I may have read its not recommended to change out the upper bolt for camber bolts due to reliability.....
  12. McRib 1s Back

Many of us use both! They are fine, and there isn't a special need to check your alignment more often. If you didn't use them in the maximum negative portion of the lobe, then an impact event could cause it to fail to the max negative setting. This is also the reason I would not use two of them on the same side. If you have an "event", you'd have far less luck getting it lined up well enough to finish your day at the track. There's also a bit of a safety concern using two on the same side.

To get -4 deg on my setup, I had to use a set of bolts and coax out the max on the integrated camber plate.